Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel

At a glance

  • Hotel_spa

    Hotel Spa

    Hoar Cross Hall is renowned as a beautiful setting with a multitude of aspects that all contribute to its air of total escapism.

  • Architecture


    The stately home was commissioned by Hugo Meynell Ingram and completed in 1871, and has retained many of its original, ornate features.

  • Romantic


    Historic architecture and design harp back to a bygone age of true romance, with the contemporary leisure additions and service to complete the picture.

  • Tennis


    Cycling, tennis, archery, croquet and boules are all activities available within the grounds of the hotel.

  • Scenery

    Scenic Location

    The hotel is surrounded by 50 acres of grounds and landscaped gardens.

Enquire about this venue


Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel

Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel Maker Lane Hoar Cross Burton upon Trent Staffordshire
DE13 8QS


Spa & Leisure

Amongst the manicured lawns, rose beds, box hedges, and woodland, Hoar Cross Hall has space for jogging, cycling, croquet, boules, archery, driving range, tennis, as well as there being a games room in the grounds. Indoors there is also a gym, personal training, and classes including Tai Chi, yoga, and Pilates. The spa is where this place really shines however, with every element of detox and relaxation covered. There is a 26-metre saltwater vitality pool, flanked by two whirlpools. There is a plunge pool, saunas, steam rooms, saunariums, body jets, foot and shoulder massagers, tropical and mist showers, waterbeds, Kneipp pools, heated loungers, a Snooze Room, an atrium lounge, and a Spa and Beauty shop.

Please note that Hoar Cross Hall have started a refurbishment throughout the hotel and spa which may be taking place during your stay. Be aware that there may be some noise and minor disruption if you book a spa break during their refurbishment period

Hotel & Accommodation

Surrounded by 50 acres of grounds and gardens in the Staffordshire countryside, Hoar Cross Hall sits at the end of a winding driveway. Built in 1871, the Elizabethan manor house was commissioned by Hugo Meynell Ingram, whose family presence is still evident in the form of hand carved monograms in the ballroom, and has Jacobean overtones by way of turreted water towers, lofty gables, 48 chimneys and mullioned windows. The hotel has 96 bedrooms, all with the traditional sumptuousness of a stately home.

The hotel’s restaurant is in the former ballroom and is characterised by William Morris wallpaper, Sienna marble mantelpieces, and the 19th century ‘wedding cake’ ceiling. Vegetables are grown in the estate’s own greenhouses, and the menu from their award-winning head chef showcases local and seasonal produce. Breakfast and lunch however are in a more contemporary setting overlooking the hydrotherapy pool.