As if her interview wasn’t convincing enough, Melanie Waxman gives us a taste of macrobiotic living with a couple of her favourite recipes to kick start a happy, healthy weekend!
– Two carrots cut into large pieces
– Two parsnips cut into large pieces
– One sweet potato cut into large pieces
– One large onion cut into large pieces
– Four-six cups water
– Two tablespoons white miso diluted in a little water
– Pinch sea salt
– Cilantro for garnish
– Place the onion, sweet potato, parsnip and carrot into a pan.
– Cover with water and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
– Cover with a lid and simmer for about fifteen minutes or until soft.
– Blend in a blender until smooth and creamy.
– Place back into pan.
– Add more water and return to a boil.
– Add diluted miso.
– Cook on a low flame for three minutes.
– Serve garnished with cilantro.
– Two cups wholewheat pastry flour
– Half a cup of corn flour
– Half a teaspoon sea salt
– Half a cup of coconut oil warmed
– Half a cup of maple syrup or rice syrup
– Two teaspoons of baking powder
– One cup of chopped roasted walnuts
– Four-six cups of fresh fruit such as apples, peaches, raspberries, blueberries
– One cup of apple juice
– One tablespoon of maple syrup
– Pinch of sea salt
– Place the fruit, salt, syrup and juice into a baking dish.
– Place the flours, baking powder, walnuts and salt in a large bowl.
– Place the oil and sweetener in a bowl and whip together with a fork.
– Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
– Mix the ingredients together with your hands to form a crumble.
– Sprinkle over the fruit.
– Cover and bake in a medium oven for about twenty-five minutes.
– Remove cover and bake for a further five minutes.
Inspired? Melanie is hosting a seasonal cooking course at the Concord Institute in London from 29th April – 5th May!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.