200g Chestnut flour (I use Shipton Mill, although it is not gluten free)
50g Ground almonds
Two tsp gluten free baking powder
Pinch bicarbonate of soda
Pinch fine sea salt
Two large eggs, beaten
Seven oz dark brown soft sugar
Two tbsp plain yoghurt
One tsp vanilla extract (I use Nielsen-Massey)
One tsp orange extract (I use Nielsen-Massey)
50g Cocoa powder
Two tbsp Cointreau
200g Chunky orange marmalade
Juice and zest of three clementines
100g Butter, or dairy free margarine melted
100g Dark chocolate, chopped into chunks (I like Montezuma 73% here)
– Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and grease and line a 2lb/900g loaf tin
– Mix the flour, ground almonds, raising agents and salt together in a large bowl.
– Mix the eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and orange extracts and Cointreau together in a smaller bowl.
– Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add all the remaining ingredients.
– Gently mix until smooth, then pour the batter into the tin and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 30-50 minutes or until firm to the touch.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.