Helping you fight off those coughs and sneezes, Grayshott Spa Hotel has given us their recipe for an immune-boosting bowl of pumpkin soup!
Ingredients (serves two):
– Two onion, finely diced
– One leek, finely diced
– One pumpkin, finely diced [seeds and skin removed] – Four sticks of celery, finely diced
– Two clove of garlic, finely diced
– ½ Cup of thyme and rosemary
– One tbsp olive oil
– One litre vegetable stock
– Lemon juice
– Sea salt
– Black pepper
– Sweat the onion, leek, pumpkin, sticks of celery and garlic together in a large saucepan for four to five minutes until soft.
– Add the herbs and the vegetable stock sufficient to cover the ingredients in the pan.
– Simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
– Purée until smooth, then pass through a sieve.
– Season with lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
– Serve with a swirl of live natural yogurt.
Find out Spabreakers’ immune-boosting secret ingredients on PInterest!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.