Beautiful lingerie is undoubtedly an ideal present when it comes to Valentine’s gifts, but that said, it’s also a risky one, full of potential pitfalls. So here’s Curvy Kate’s lingerie-buying guide to make sure you get it just right! (p.s Don’t forget you can WIN £200 of Curvy Kate lingerie in our competition this month!)
Find Out Her Size
Check the labels on her underwear if possible. On the labels of the bra you’re looking for a number and a letter e.g 32D. On her briefs, you’re looking for a dress size e.g UK size 12 or EU size 40 or just a basic S, M or L.
Choosing the Right Set
– Think of her current lingerie collection and the types of styles she usually goes for. Does she like fancy, lacy lingerie or just plain styles? In terms of colour, ask yourself if she generally likes bright colours or darker shades. If you’re stuck, then perhaps stick to black lingerie which can still be a perfect choice!
– If she is smaller busted then you could look out for bras described as padded, plunge or balconette, this will help to enhance her natural bust.
– If she is fuller busted then try to avoid padded bras unless it’s described as lightly padded. Bras described as foamlined, laminated, or non-padded work particularly well.
– If you’re struggling, perhaps you can ask her to suggest a lingerie set she would like and then order it and have it wrapped up as the perfect gift.
Don’t Get Stressed About Buying Lingerie!
– If you’re still having trouble tackling this task alone, don’t be afraid or intimidated to ask questions. Retailers usually have a live chat service online or in-store there are assistants that would be more than happy to help.
– Most lingerie stores and online retailers offer gift vouchers so this might work as an easier option.
– Before buying, find out the store’s returns policy on lingerie. Many will agree to an exchange or refund as long as the hygiene protective slip on the briefs has not been removed.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.