Easter may be a thing of the past for this year, but if you are anything like us you will never tire of chocolate, which is why we love this recipe for the perfect chocolate brownies from Hayfield Manor Hotel!
675g Castor sugar
400g Unsalted butter (soft but not melted)
170g Cocoa powder
225g Cream flour
500g Melted dark chocolate
75g Skinless hazelnuts
75g White chocolate drops
– First get a non-stick biscuit tray and lightly grease with butter then line with baking paper. Rub the paper with butter also, then put aside.
– Sift the flour and cocoa powder through a sieve and leave in a bowl.
– Put chocolate into a plastic bowl and melt until liquid.
– Measure out the rest of the ingredients and keep separate. Now you are ready to start baking.
– Put soft butter and the sugar into the bowl of the food mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat at a high speed for one minute.
– Pour in melted chocolate while mixer is on a high speed, adding eggs one at a time. Turn the mixer down to a medium speed and add flour and cocoa mix. Once this has all mixed together, throw in the hazelnuts and white chocolate drops and beat for another minute.
– Pour your mix into the ready prepared tray and place in a pre-heated oven at 160°C for 17minutes.
– Once baked take out and allow to cool, then cut into the size squares you want. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice-cream for a delicious dessert.
“I have to admit this is my favourite cake, but I put that down to my love of everything chocolate. I find it hard to find a good brownie, so this brownie is just right for me – not too hard but not too gooey. If you like chocolate you will love these!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.