As you drive into the grounds of the hotel you realise you are in a special place. There are lots of green grounds to explore, which is rare in a city venue.
It has an old world feel; something right out of the 1920s. It’s very grand but welcoming at the same time.
Although not huge, the pool is big enough for a swim and there is also a Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. As the spa is an ESPA venue, you start in a bright-ish relaxation room to ready yourself for the amazing treatments to come, then finish in a darkened relaxation room to wind down.
There are two dining options. First there is the informal Cultra Inn which is essentially a gastropub. Don’t be mistaken though, it serves amazing food. Then there is the fine dining Mitre Restaurant, which serves incredible local cuisine in a rather elegant setting so bring a posh frock for that one.
This venue is perfectly located five minutes from Belfast City Airport, and only 15 minutes from the Titanic Experience, so it’s perfect for people wanting a city break.
Culloden is ideal for couples wanting a special getaway. It’s well worth upgrading to a suite, but it’s also great for groups wanting to get some shopping done in the city centre, see the Titanic Experience, then have a spa treatment and good food.
– Upgrade to a suite – especially for a special occasion, if budget allows
– Experience the Titanic Afternoon Tea – it is a real show stopper!
– If you are dining in the Mitre Restaurant, make an occasion out of it. Take your time and enjoy every course, as it’s easy to spend two hours having your evening meal.
– If you are brave have a dash of Bushmills Irish Whiskey on your porridge in the morning for breakfast!
– Keeps you eyes open for Van Morrisson at the breakfast buffet – he is known to have breakfast some mornings, as his offices are found on the estate.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.