Makes 10–12 rolls
Two cups cauliflower
One handful of soaked cashews, walnuts, or pine nuts
Four tablespoons ground sesame seeds
One tablespoon ginger, minced
Juice of ½ lemon
Two to three sheets of nori
½ Cup pea or alfalfa sprouts
¼ Cucumber, julienned
½ Red pepper, julienned
Two green onions, julienned
One avocado, sliced
One mango, sliced (optional)
Three to four tablespoons tamari
– To make the “rice,“ throw the cauliflower, soaked nuts, sesame seeds, ginger, and lemon into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles rice.
– Cover ½ of the nori sheet with the “rice” and ¼ of the sheet with sprouts.
– Lay your julienned vegetables over the other ½ of the “rice” layer.
– Tightly roll the sushi using your hands or a sushi mat, and use a bit of water to seal the nori in place.
– Let it sit for a few minutes before cutting the roll into five or six pieces.
– Use tamari (healthier than soy sauce) to dip your sushi.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.