1) Take a street art tour: London is a wonderful place to explore on foot, so even if you’re just doing a marathon shopping spree on Oxford Street you can guarantee you’ll rack up the miles. For something a little different however, why not try a ‘pay what you want’ walking or cycling tour to discover some of London’s most innovative street art?
2) Meet Jack the Ripper: well, not literally, but why not embrace more walking instead of going on a night out drinking and head back outside to discover the darker side of London with a stroll around Jack the Ripper’s historic haunts? Available at 7.30pm for one hour 45 minutes, seven days a week.
3) Take a class at the School of Life : broaden those horizons at one of the monthly lectures at Russell Square’s School of Life. Subjects have included the likes of ‘Using mindfulness at work’ or ‘Networking for Introverts’… make those little grey cells work people!
4) Visit The Canvas E1: set up by body confidence guru Ruth Rogers, The Canvas is a café and creative venue in East London dedicated to self-esteem and feel good factor. True to its name, the walls are a blank canvas where you can write your thoughts ideas, secrets and stories… be who you want to be, be proud, and have cake at the same time.
5) Take time out: we would say this, but never underestimate the power of total chill out time, and yes, it is possible to do it in London. At the end of that day shopping wind down with a herbal tea and have a ruddy good massage or facial, you deserve it.
Photo credit: Alternative London
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.