Anyone who watched Poldark last summer and fell in love with the tortured hero and the dramatic backdrop of his story will know what we’re talking about. So it’s fitting that when you visit, you make the most of the environment. Perched high on a cliff top with easy access to the beach, that’s exactly what the aptly named Headland Hotel offers its guests. Here are five reasons to visit this seaside location this summer whether you’re travelling with friends or family…
1) The location is really quite remarkable; we can’t emphasise that enough. The hotel is a wonderfully romantic red brick building that sits proudly, king of the castle style, overlooking Fistral Bay with views heading out into the deep blue yonder. While we all prefer the UK on a sunny day to a cloudy one, this is the sort of place that will provide you with dramatic panoramas whatever the weather.
2) Leading on from that, the beach is right there in front of you, so there’s no travel involved in order to get your toes in the sand or even venture for a dip in the water. The area is known for good surfing, so if you want to give it a go, now’s your chance. Alternatively, go for a stroll and take in the peaceful atmosphere, or do it the old fashioned way and pick up a bucket and spade en route – it’s a classic pastime that’s always in style.
3) The restaurant has won awards for its coastal inspired menu created by Executive Chef Christopher Archambault using local ingredients. There are two options when it comes to dining – the elegant Restaurant and the contemporary Terrace. It all depends on whether you’re looking for a sophisticated or relaxed experience – we suggest you try both.
4) The four-star hotel combines style and comfort, welcoming the family and making it a joyful and relaxing experience for everyone, which is of course the ultimate goal of a holiday and spa break. The hotel has a collection of rooms and suites available, as well as self catering cottages, so it’s a wonderful destination for groups and families.
5) A beach break is made for taking the dog with you as well. Those of us with four legged friends can rejoice in the fact that The Headland Hotel welcomes dogs as well for a fee of £20 per dog per night, adding another lovely dimension to those sandy strolls in the morning or watching the sunset.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.