1) We celebrated our growing partnership with the Good Spa Guide this year by sponsoring the awards that celebrate the best of the industry. The annual Good Spa Guide awards 2017, in association with Spabreaks.com took place on 14th November 2017 during a gala dinner at Spa Life, a conference for spa professionals, and what a wonderful event it was too. We can’t wait for the 2018 awards… after a glass of bubbles and a treatment or two.
2) We opened our new offices in Brighton so staff could have a better work/life balance. Our new call centre is a wonderful celebration of our growth this year, and comes at a time when we also took the decision to reduce the working day by 30 minutes and extend holidays to 25 days as standard.
“our gift cards will now be available in stores”
3) For the first time in the history of Spabreaks.com, our gift cards will now be available in stores in time for Christmas! Making the spa gift even easier to give, our vouchers are now available in select Wilkinson’s and WH Smith’s outlets!
4) We have been extremely proud to have been working with The Willow Foundation this year; the only national charity working with seriously ill young adults aged 16 to 40 to fulfil uplifting and unforgettable Special Days. Spabreaks.com has been supporting them in their mission to continue delivering positive, experiences to young adults with life threatening illnesses and conditions having found that out of the 1200 people The Willow Foundation arranges experiences for each year at the moment, at least 150 of these choose to go on a spa day or break. By working with Spabreaks.com we have been able to provide spa days and breaks at cost and make the process much simpler, more secure, and more positive for both the foundation and the beneficiary.
“We celebrated our second Women’s Wellness Week in September”
5) We celebrated our second Women’s Wellness Week in September, encouraging women across the country to make their mental and physical health a priority. To celebrate the joy of wellbeing we also invited people across the world to participate in the largest ever massage event, whilst dedicating our online platforms to discussions around different aspects of health and wellbeing.
6) We have been extremely happy to celebrate three babies, one engagement and one wedding within the team this year! We do love a happy reason to celebrate.
“Three babies, one engagement and one wedding within the team”
7) Of course we continue to have lots of fun in the office on a regular basis with regular fundraisers, dressing up for Halloween, and Children in Need and an array of games, prizes and incentives on our regular Fun Time Fridays.
8) In case you missed it, our logo and branding has undergone its very own makeover this year! We have changed our logo thanks to a talented new designer within the team, updated our gift card designs and given ourselves something of a new virtual party dress in time for the festive season.
“Our team will be handing out packages to the homeless in Brighton on 21st December”
9) We have always known her to be something of a superwoman, but this year our MD Abi Wright has been celebrated by the industry as well with multiple awards including an EY London and South Entrepreneur of the Year award, an FT and HERoe Champions of Women in Business award and a First Woman in Leisure and Tourism Award, to name a few. That’s in addition to previous wins such as the European Business Award for Leading Woman in Business for Inclusivity and Diversification in 2016, and being one of Management Today’s 35 Women Under 35 in 2014.
10) Last, but by no means least, our team have been putting together packages of socks, gloves and other key items that they will be handing out to the homeless in Brighton on 21st December in the vicinity of our new offices. Thanks to the hard work of sales agent Simone, who’s idea it was, and who has been galvanising the rest of the team to get involved.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.