Typically when people go on a spa break, they gravitate towards having a massage as a spa treatment. However, those who have had them know that a good facial can work wonders for relaxation.
We suggest having the following to hand: essential oil of choice, hot water and a bowl, a towel, cleanser and toner, facial scrub of choice, face mask of choice, and a facial oil and/or nourishing cream to finish.
As with all at home spa treatments, this is a guide, but you can adapt to suit you:
- Start with a facial steam: add hot water and a few drops of essential oil to a bowl, drape a towel over your head to steam with eyes closed for a few minutes at 30 second intervals. Use a cool towel between sessions.
- After your facial steam, apply a cleanser and toner.
- Use your facial scrub and really take your time to massage the skin before rinsing and drying with a soft towel.
- Apply your face mask and sit back and relax, listening to music, breathing in the scents or reading that book you haven’t had time for recently.
- Remove the mask with a damp cloth and rinse.
- Apply toner before massaging your chosen facial oil and/or moisturiser into your skin. This is all about taking time so don’t feel you need to rush at any point.