Whilst technology can be great, it’s also important to have time away from it and make time for ourselves. The two places we think provide the best opportunity for just that are between the pages of a book and in a spa. Fortunately, the two go perfectly together, making a spa break the perfect time to tune out and reignite the senses by picking up a good book.
This is why we have launched the Relax and Read Book Club, bringing new meaning to the term R&R. The Relax and Read Book Club will give you the chance to discover new books, learn about the authors, share your opinions and really escape into an inspiring world of literature.
Each month we will select five Spabreaks.com customers from a self-nominated pool to read and review a newly released or soon-to-be released book, spanning all genres. They will have six weeks to read the book before writing reviews that will be published on our acclaimed wellbeing blog and shared with club members via a dedicated newsletter.
EVERYBODY LOVES A MURDER MYSTERY . . . UNTIL THEY HAVE A STARRING ROLE.
It’s just a normal morning when Anna's husband announces that he's leaving her for her best friend and taking their two daughters with him.
With her safe, comfortable world shattered, Anna distracts herself with someone else's story: a true-crime podcast. That is until she recognises the name of one of the victims and becomes convinced that only she knows what really happened.
With nothing left to lose, she throws herself into investigating the case. But little does she know, her past and present lives are about to collide, sending everything she has worked so hard to achieve into freefall.Click here to download a sample chapter
1. Where is your favourite place to write?
I can write anywhere but do like working on a plane. I'm very short so space isn't a problem and I like not having phone reception or any distractions.
2. If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?
If you're bored then the reader is bored
3. Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones?
I don't read them because I only remember the negative criticism so it's not that useful. I don't often read them but I don't mind what anyone says as long as its honest and not mean.Read the full interview
'If there is only one crime thriller book you read this year, make sure it is this one’
‘Part thriller, part mystery, part laugh-out-loud caper, this book is unlike anything you’ve read before’
‘Unique. An excellent read. I’m sure a movie will be on its way soon’
‘Cracking thriller with very contemporary themes, I couldn’t put it down’
‘Without a doubt, one of the most original domestic thrillers out there’
Like the sound of Conviction? Enter here to win a copy!
To celebrate the launch of Relax and Read, we have partnered with Dead Good Books to give away a staggering 20 copies of Conviction by Denise Mina.
The first three winners, selected at random, will also receive a £50 Spabreaks.com voucher!
For full terms and conditions, promotional information and privacy policies please see below.
Email us on email@example.com to register your interest. We will select five lucky readers to review our next Relax and Read title, ‘The Bookshop on the Shore’ by Jenny Colgan.Become a reviewer
- The prize draw opens on 05/03/20 and closes at 9am on 20/04/20. All entries after this point may not be included.
- Winners will be drawn at random.
- A total of twenty copies of the book ‘Conviction’ by Denise Mina will be given away in this competition.
- The first three winners, selected at random, will also receive a £50 Spabreaks.com voucher with their copy of Conviction.
- The £50 Spabreaks.com vouchers will be valid for twelve months.
- Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
- The Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over.
- If the Prize(s) is not claimed within 14 days of the Winner(s) being notified, Spabreaks.com reserves the right to award the Prize(s) to an alternative winner(s).