Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort
With its proximity to both the coast and the New Forest, there is something for everyone with this hotel as your base. However, with its cosy interiors, landscaped gardens and a stunning swimming pool and sun terrace, there are lots of reasons not to leave! At the Elemis Spa, Vital Health & Wellbeing Club, you can choose to be active in the gym or on the golf club and tennis courts, but just as lovely is relaxing in steam room before heading for a luxurious spa treatment.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
- Outdoor Pool
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Glass of Prosecco
Room Upgrade to Deluxe Room
Room Upgrade to a Super Deluxe Room
Why people visit here
Hotel SpaWith a range of rooms in the main hotel as well as apartments and cottages within the grounds, Macdonald Elmers Court Resort welcomes all guests including families and groups. The grounds and range of facilities provide plenty to see and do, while the spa is a space for gentle pampering in a separate building within the grounds.
Architectual ExcellenceDating back to 1820, the main building of the hotel retains many of its original features.
Local AttractionsThe New Forest is one of the largest areas of parkland in the UK, so it’s worth some exploration in its own right. However, you can also head to Marwell Zoo, Beaulieu Motor Museum and Winchester Cathedral amongst other attractions.
Family FriendlyWith beautiful gardens, plenty of local attractions and a separate pool for children, Elmers Court is particularly adept to catering for families looking to get away. Apartment and cottage accommodation also makes family escapes more relaxed with space to be yourselves.
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort frequently asked questions
- Who owns Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort?
- On the Solent Coast, Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort is part of the nationwide Macdonald Hotels and Resorts group, owned by Donald Macdonald since 1990 and with more than 45 hotels across the UK as well as 10 resorts.
- How do you get to Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort?
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort is easy to get to by road, rail and air. Head down the South Baddesley Road if you're driving - there's plenty of parking at the hotel. For those travelling by train, Lymington Pier Station is 200 yards away, and those flying in should head to Southampton Airport, which is just over 24 miles away.
- What is included in a Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort depends on the experience that you book. It is complete with a range of facilities including a sauna, steam room, children’s pool, manicure and pedicure stations, relaxation room, a gym, squash court, two tennis courts, and an outdoor pool for summer. They also offer treatments using Elemis and Jessica products.
- What is near Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort?
- The New Forest is on your doorstep at Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort - a beautiful place to explore on foot or on horseback. Other popular local attractions include Marwell Zoo, Beaulieu Motor Museum and Winchester Cathedral.
- When was Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort built?
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort is located in a beautiful 19th-century, mock-Tudor manor house, originally known as The Elms. It was taken over by the Whitaker family in 1874 and then later served as a local courthouse, which is when it became known as Elmers Court. In 1893, Hugh Whitaker inherited the estate and rebuilt much of it, adding many of the grand features we admire today. Since then it's been a war office, before becoming a hotel.
- What amenities does Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort have?
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort is a three-star hotel surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds - perfect for strolling in. Guests can choose to stay in one of 42 rooms and suites, or in a selection of one, two and three bedroom apartments and two bedroom cottages within the grounds. The hotel restaurant is popular for its views and contemporary/classic menu. Meanwhile, leisure facilities include a gym, squash court, two tennis courts, and an outdoor pool, while the spa has a sauna, steam room, children’s pool, manicure and pedicure stations, relaxation room and offers treatments using Bare Essentials, Elemis and Jessica products. The hotel's accessible features include one fully accessible bedroom, but due to the age of the building disabled facilities are limited.
- What are the food and drink options at Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort?
- The restaurant at Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort is the popular Waterford Restaurant, which has views over the Solent Coast and serves a menu of British classics. Guests can also enjoy lunch in a relaxed atmosphere in Gio’s at The Solent or tuck into one of their popular afternoon teas.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort?
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort has four treatment rooms, where therapists use Bare Essentials, Elemis and Jessica products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel and Resort is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.