A spa retreat that's all about high quality therapies, the Spa Treatment Rooms at University Arms focuses entirely on pampering. That means no pools, saunas and other facilities - it's 100% massages, facials and luxurious rituals to make you feel your best. The hotel meanwhile is a beautifully designed, and while offering a relaxed atmosphere it's also got a sense of romance and occasion thanks to the heritage style and attention to detail.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Bottle of Champagne
Bottle of Prosecco
Why people visit here
Treatments onlyThe Spa Treatment Rooms are a pampering experience specialising in Aromatherapy Associates treatments and rituals. It's a wonderful way to feel your best, but please note there are no facilities such as a sauna, or swimming pool.
Recommended RestaurantUnder the direction of Chef Director Tristan Welch, the Parker's Tavern restaurant is a feast for the senses from dawn 'til dusk.
University Arms frequently asked questions
- Who owns University Arms?
- The University Arms hotel in Cambridge is owned by real estate investor Melford Capital, who bought the property from the De Vere Group in 2012. It reopened after an extensive £80 million renovation project in 2018, in collaboration with architect John Simpson and interior designer Martin Brudnizki and joined Marriott’s Autograph Collection of boutique hotels.
- How do you get to University Arms?
- University Arms is located in the heart of Cambridge on Regent Street. It is just a short walk from Cambridge Coach Station (0.8km) Cambridge Rail Station (1.3km) and under an hour from central London by train. For those travelling by car there is no parking available at the property itself but the Grand Arcade or Queen Anne Terrace car parks are both a 10-minute walk away. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport (STN), which is 48km away.
- What is included in a University Arms?
- What's included in a spa day at University Arms depends on the experience that you book. Facilities are limited - this is a place that's all about the treatments. That means no pools, saunas and other facilities - it's 100% massages, facials and luxurious rituals using the Aromatherapy Associates product line, followed by time in the relaxation room.
- What is near University Arms?
- University Arms Cambridge is in a wonderful location for exploring the beautiful city of Cambridge. Popular attractions include the towering Gothic King's College Chapel, Cambridge University Botanic Garden, or (in the summer) punting on the River Cam.
- When was University Arms built?
- The building that's home to the University Arms in Cambridge dates back to 1834, and it retains many of its original features. For example, there are impressive stained-glass windows in the restaurant and ballroom, which date back to 1900 and depict 17 of the 31 college crests from the famous university. It was the first hotel in Cambridge, and underwent significant refurbishment in 2018.
- What amenities does University Arms have?
- The hotel is a beautiful place to stay, inviting guests to enjoy a sense of luxury in a laid back and, at times, whimsical environment. There are 189 rooms and suites, all offering immaculate style. The hotel's restaurant, Parker's Tavern, serves all meals from breakfast through to dinner and all the teas and coffees in between. Then there's the spa, which is all about the treatments, delivering a range of face and body therapies from Aromatherapy Associates in two treatment rooms. Head to the relaxation room afterwards to continue the feel-good factor. The hotel's renovation has ensured improved disabled access throughout. Accessible areas with accessible routes from the public entrance include the reception area, fitness centre, restaurant and lounges, as well as public restrooms. Meeting rooms have assistive listening devices, service animals are welcome and there are lifts throughout. Guest rooms feature 32” wide doorways, accessible guest rooms, lowered deadbolt locks, lowered door night guards, lowered doors with lever handles, hearing accessible rooms and/or kits, roll-in showers, TTY/TTD available, TVs with close-captioning, toilet seats at wheelchair height.
- What are the food and drink options at University Arms?
- The hotel's restaurant, Parker's Tavern, serves all meals from breakfast through to dinner and all the teas and coffees in between.
- How many treatment rooms are there at University Arms?
- University Arms has two treatment rooms in the spa, where therapists use Aromatherapy Associates products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at University Arms is from 4pm, and check-out time is 12.00 midday. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.