Another wonderful thing about spa experiences at home, is that you can incorporate them into your routine to help you maintain your overall wellbeing. Even if it’s just making a little bit more of a fuss over your evening ritual when you wash your face and clean your teeth.
Using spa experiences at home in the evening is a wonderful way to prepare for bed, enhancing your sleep and having a generally positive impact on your health and wellbeing.
Here are a few of our top tips:
- Prepare an aromatherapy bath using essential oils such a lavender that help you to relax and unwind.
- Incorporate massage into your evening routine to help relax mind and body, and help turn your head off from the white noise of the daily grind.
- Drink herbal tea and take your time over it- chamomile is especially good before bed.
- Don’t forget to turn off or stay away from all digital devices for an hour before bed. The blue light from the screens on phones and computers stimulates your brain while suppressing the body’s sleep-inducing hormone (melatonin).
- Try placing a few drops of lavender essential oil on a tissue under your pillow in the morning. By the evening it will have left a soft aroma when the molecules will have evaporated a little. Aromatherapist, Beverley Higham suggests also adding an additional drop of clary-sage if you're experiencing stress. It’s like a glass of champagne for lifting the mood and balancing the body and mind.