Whilst we are often familiar with some of the physical benefits of massage, such as relieving aches and pains, they extend way beyond simply soothing muscles, especially at times of heightened anxiety. It’s the one time when we truly disconnect from the world around us, creating space for mental and physical recovery.
Every spa will have their own processes, and every person is different. There are plenty of massages that are designed specifically for men, and they may use particular products that are more suited to men’s skin or perhaps they target areas that are typically problematic for men. For example, men are often prone to lower back pain, so a massage might focus on that area. That said, therapists will always talk to you before your spa treatment to see which areas you would like to focus on and tailor the massage treatment accordingly.
- Reduced anxiety, depressed mood and anger in breast cancer patients.
- Increased vigour.
- Reduced mood disturbances and perceived stress levels.
- Improved sleep quality.
- Improved quality of life.
- Reduced pain and improvement of mood, reduced stress levels.
- Reduced perception of pain, nausea and increased relaxation.
- Reduced anxiety, depression, general fatigue, motivation fatigue, and emotional fatigue.
- Ease exercise soreness and help muscle recovery
- Ease anxiety
- Lower blood pressure
- Massage helps to reduce muscle tension
- Improve circulation
- Stimulate the lymphatic system
- Help recover from soft tissue sports injuries
- Nourish and tone the skin
- Reduced depression and hostility, increased urinary dopamine, serotonin values, natural killer cell number and lymphocytes in breast cancer patients.
- Reduced mood disturbances and perceived stress levels
- It can help boost your immune system
- Increase mobility and flexibility
This 45 minute treatment is particularly good for anyone who has a city commute and as a result suffers from congested skin on the neck and back. The treatment acts like a facial for the back, helping to cleanse and replenish, leaving your skin radiant and glowing. It also includes a back massage for extra relaxation.Find out more
Designed specifically for men, this massage targets the back and legs combining deep massage with warm Lava Shells to relax muscles and cold glacial shells to reduce inflammation. As a result it’s perfect for sportsmen, which is fitting at Stoke Park where golf and tennis are such big parts of the luxurious experience.Find out more
This is a complete deep body and relaxing facial massage using a unique and effective technique with golf balls. The warmth of the massage will improve flexibility, circulation and muscle tone and provide absolute relaxation from head to toe.Find out more
This macho facial is perfect to revive, refresh and invigorate. Your skin will be revitalised with a deep brush cleanse, a choice of lifting or tranquil massage, compression massage and an exfoliating mask. Aching neck muscles will be massaged, worry lines smoothed and headaches soothed. Finally, a detoxifying foot massage.Find out more