There are different accommodations to select from at Chewton Glen, depending on the kind of experience you are looking for. Similarly, the spa has a variety of wellness facilities to select based on what you hope to feel like at the end of your stay. If exercise is your passion, choose a Physio-Flex class, a game of tennis or swim some lengths in the pool. To enjoy total relaxation, book yourself in for a super restorative massage and treat yourself to some ‘me time’ in the inviting relaxation area.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Hydrotherapy Pool
- Outdoor Hot Tub
Why people visit here
RestaurantThe Dining Room restaurant has won multiple awards for its sustainable menu.
Hotel Spa VenueA luxury country house hotel with all the spa trimmings thanks to a thermal suite, leisure facilities and treatments.
Scenic LocationIn 130 acres of Hampshire countryside, Chewton Glen is surrounded by the New Forest and the coast.
Family FriendlyThe hotel offers family rooms, activities for children and children's menus.
Chewton Glen frequently asked questions
- Who owns Chewton Glen?
- Chewton Glen is part of the Iconic Luxury Hotels chain and the Relais & Châteaux. It is owned by entrepreneur Ian Livingstone, who bought it in 2006.
- How do you get to Chewton Glen?
- Chewton Glen is located on the edge of the New Forest National Park. It is easily reachable by car or taxi from Christchurch, Bournemouth and Southampton. You can arrive by helicopter if you feel like it, although the nearest airports are Bournemouth and Southampton. The closest train station is New Milton, which is 1.7 miles away and they will happily arrange a transfer if you request it in advance.
- What is included in a Chewton Glen spa day?
- What's included in your spa day at Chewton Glen depends in part on the spa experience that you book. However, spa guests whether day spa or staying overnight have access to the range of spa facilities including a gym, classes including yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates, Physio-Flex, tennis, golf, croquet, jogging trails, beach walks and personal training ‘buddies’. The spa has a 17-metre lap pool, a hydrotherapy pool with 13 jet stations, a steam room, an outdoor whirlpool and drench showers, and each changing room boasts a 10-seater sauna and an amethyst crystal steam room. There's also a collection of spa treatments that you can book in advance using REN, Mii, Oskia and Natura Bisse products.
- What is near Chewton Glen?
- The hotel is located within 130 acres of Hampshire countryside and the New forest - perfect for hiking. It is a leisurely stroll to the beach at Highcliffe-on-Sea, and local attractions include Highcliffe Castle, The Isle of Wight, The Solent, Southampton, Bournemouth and Milford on Sea.
- When was Chewton Glen built?
- The five-star hotel opened in 1966, although the country house itself dates back to the 18th-century.
- What amenities does Chewton Glen have?
- Chewton Glen offers an array of experiences including beautiful gardens, a range of activities for children, a kids club and a luxury spa. There's a gym, classes including yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates, Physio-Flex, tennis, golf, croquet, jogging trails, beach walks and personal training ‘buddies’. The spa has a 17-metre lap pool, a hydrotherapy pool with 13 jet stations, a steam room, an outdoor whirlpool and drench showers, and each changing room boasts a 10-seater sauna and an amethyst crystal steam room. Chewton Glen aims to cater for all abilities and provide full access to all guests. Amongst their accessibility features, they have a drop off point at the front door for wheelchair access as well as two designated disabled parking spaces close to the hotel; porter assistance, level entry to public areas, portable ramps, a disabled cloakroom, ground floor rooms, handles by bath and in shower cubicle, disabled access rooms, a disabled changing room in Health Club, a "Stair-climber" for spa stairs, a pool hoist, staff trained in disability awareness and they welcome assistance dogs. However, the hotel does not have a lift.
- What are the food and drink options at Chewton Glen?
- There are multiple dining options at Chewton Glen, including the award-winning Dining Room restaurant, informal eating in The Kitchen, they serve a superb afternoon tea and they have their own cookery school as well.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Chewton Glen?
- The five-star spa has 12 treatment rooms including a couples’ suite with a private steam room.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in and check-out at the hotel is officially 3pm for both, although if you would like to arrive earlier to use the facilities they will welcome you and store your luggage until the room is ready.
- Does Chewton Glen have a Michelin star?
- Chewton Glen is well known for its superb food and it has won awards for its dining experiences, but it does not (currently) hold a Michelin star.
- Does Chewton Glen accept dogs?
- Yes! Chewton Glen does accept dogs as long as they are over one year old and are well behaved.
- How many rooms does Chewton Glen have?
- Chewton Glen has 35 rooms and suites to stay in, split between the main house and a range of beautiful Treehouse Suites.
- Does Chewton Glen have a dress code?
- There is no official dress code at Chewton Glen. Overall it is a relaxed environment where casual but neat attire is appropriate in all areas. For dining, smart/casual is advised, and guests having lunch in the spa can do so in their robes if they prefer.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.