What do I wear on a spa day?
Part of the Spabreaks.com Guides
We are often asked what to take with you when you go on a spa break. This can be a big source of anxiety, especially for first timers. We suggest:
- Take two swimming costumes. That’s one to swim in and one to have your treatment in. You can also have your treatment in your underwear. Some people prefer not to wear anything in a treatment. That’s generally ok too as you will be covered with a towel and your therapist will only uncover the ‘bits’ they’re working on. If you’re at all unsure, or if your therapist does not advise you, feel free to ask. This is your spa experience and it’s important you are happy.
- Take a pair of flip-flops with you in case slippers aren’t provided.
- Check in advance if towels and wash products are provided before you go, or take shampoo and any other items you may want just in case.
- Wear something comfortable that you will feel happy to have lunch in or change into after your treatments without worrying if any product gets onto the fabric.
- If you’re staying overnight or if the spa is separate to the restaurant where you’re having lunch, it’s a good idea to check whether the restaurant requires a dress code and bring something appropriate.
You Might Also Like
First Time Spa Guide
For many first time spa goers, there are a lot of questions, from what to wear to what you actually do all day, so here’s our guide to help you feel confident, relaxed and get the most out of your first spa break.Read our guide
Spa Occasions Guide
Whether it’s an intimate party of two, a couple of your best friends or a group getaway, celebrations are occasions that are meant to be shared. Giving friends and loved ones the chance to show one another that they care, and to spoil the guest of honour rotten, whether it’s birthdays or anniversaries, engagements or hen parties, a celebration spa break is the perfect combination of self-care, total indulgence and quality time together.Read our guide
Spa General FAQs Guide
Going on a spa day or spa break is all about relaxing and feeling good, but in order to really achieve that it’s important that you have answers to any questions so that you feel reassured about what to expect. From what to wear to what a spa day or break actually involves, we have put together answers to those most frequently asked questions that spa goers both new and experienced have before going on a spa break.Read our guide