As we start to see new and localised social restrictions being imposed to mitigate the spread of Covid-19, some spa venues are either closing, withdrawing some of their facilities, or restricting who can stay with them. Some regions also have travel restrictions in place preventing people travelling for any reason other than for work.
At the moment there is no change to the nationwide advice about spas being able to open and offer all treatments other than saunas and steam rooms. Facial treatments remain unavailable in Scotland. The following information indicates the general guidelines:
- Spas in England are permitted to open all pools, hydrotherapy pools, hot tubs, plunge pools and gyms - both inside and outside. All treatments are now able to resume, including facials.
- Spas in Northern Ireland are permitted to open all pools, hot tubs, gyms, saunas and steam rooms.
- Saunas, steam rooms and other thermal facilities are not yet permitted to open in England, Scotland and Wales. Spabreaks.com continues to campaign for their reopening and we will share any updates as soon as we can.
- Spas in Scotland are now permitted to reopen for treatments, excluding facials. Indoor facilities remain closed until further notice, with the exception of pools and gyms which were able to reopen from the 31st of August.
- Spas in Wales began offering treatments from Monday 27th of July. Indoor pools and gyms began reopening from Monday August 10th.
Please note that some spas are operating on limited availability and introducing pre-booked times for all treatments and pool access, in order to provide the highest levels of safety and reassurance. Therefore, please check the details of your chosen spa and package carefully before confirming your booking.
Spabreaks.com is pleased to confirm that our Book with Confidence guarantee remains in place for all existing and new bookings. If your planned spa experience is unavailable or materially affected by local lockdown policies, we will happily make alternative arrangements for you, for any other date or venue. Alternatively we will provide you with a Spa Credit to allow you to make a new booking prior to the end of this year. A new booking made with a Spa Credit can be for any travel date in the future - right up to 31st December 2021.
If you have any queries regarding an existing booking or would like any further guidance on the spas reopening timeline, please contact us on email@example.com.
Very best wishes, The Spabreaks.com Team
*All reopening dates are subject to the individual spa's policies.
This travel advice was reviewed on 22/09/20
- Can I amend my booking - including changing the date?
Yes. All bookings, whether made in the past or from today onwards can change the date of travel to the same venue without cost* or penalty. We ask that you give us sufficient notice before your booked arrival time**. We will happily transfer all monies paid to alternative dates at the same venue and will waive any administration charges. This “Book with Confidence” promise remains in place until further notice. This money will be held in credit for you to make a new booking for a period of twelve months. If you wish to reduce the number of people in your booking, this will be treated as a cancellation of those passengers, subject to our usual terms and conditions.
*If you amend your booking to a more expensive travel date we will ask you to pay the difference in price. If your new travel date is cheaper than that already booked we will of course refund you the difference. All administration fees will be waived.
*The vast majority of spas are accepting this amendment policy. We will let you know if your venue is not accepting these terms. Group bookings made for 4 or more passengers will need to discuss their arrangements with us directly.
- What happens if my booking might be affected by new local lockdows?
Don’t worry. The Spabreaks.com Book With Confidence Guarantee applies to all new and existing bookings. Please remember to check for any restrictions that might affect your planned spa experience, both at home or in your destination.
The latest information can be found here:
For Scotland https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/
For Wales https://gov.wales/coronavirus
For Northern Ireland https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/coronavirus-covid-19
- Does my travel insurance cover me for cancellations as a result of Coronavirus?
This is something that you will need to check with your insurance company directly. You may also have some element of insurance cover from your credit card provider if applicable.
- I’ve got a voucher that is about to expire - can I extend it’s validity?
Yes. We will be happy to extend the validity if it's due to expire imminently and your desired spa is currently uncontactable. Please be aware that you are not required to travel before the voucher expires, the voucher just needs to be redeemed against a booking before this date.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this extension.
Once a voucher has expired we will not be able to reactivate it.
- I've seen the latest government advice about groups of more than six not being allowed to meet socially. How does this affect by group booking?
If your group booking is due to travel imminently please contact us and we will discuss your options and help you make alternative arrangements. If your booking is for some time in the future we recommend a "wait and see" approach. Please rest assured that our Book With Confidence guarantee will protect you. If you are unable to travel as planned, we will help to make alternative arrangements for you.
- Will you help me make alternative arrangements?
Yes we will. We pride ourselves on our expertise and knowledge of all of our venues. Our team of spa experts will happily work with you to make any alternative arrangements with the spa of your choice.
If you would like to speak to a member of our customer service team regarding an upcoming booking, please call 0800 043 6600 or email email@example.com.
Please note amendment requests will be prioritised in order of original travel date.Contact us