Macdonald Cardrona Hotel
With impressive greens to tee off from, salmon fishing and a gym and swimming pool to utilise, leisure is all at your fingertips in this Scottish countryside hotel. Nearby, the picturesque town of Peebles is meant for meandering, but if relaxation and indulgement are your motivation, the spa is where to head. Here, you can treat yourself to luxurious spa therapies, a gym and swimming pool, all of which can be enjoyed while watching your loved ones out on the golf course.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Glass of Prosecco
Room Upgrade to a Deluxe Room
Room Upgrade to a Super Deluxe Room
Why people visit here
Leisure Break VenueCadrona Hotel offers a range of leisure facilities and treatments, but is not a specialised spa.
Pre-NatalThe spa provides a number of treatments tailored for mums-to-be.
Golf ResortThe hotel’s 18-hole golf course was designed by former Ryder Cup player Dave Thomas.
ShoppingNearby Peebles is a picturesque town with boutiques dotted along the high street.
Macdonald Cardrona Hotel frequently asked questions
- Who owns Macdonald Cardrona Hotel?
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel was originally part of the Macdonald Hotels Group owned by hotel industry veteran, Donald Macdonald and his family. In 2019 the hotel was sold to an unnamed investor along with other destinations within the group as part of a consolidation process.
- How do you get to Macdonald Cardrona Hotel?
- Located near the town of Peebles in the Scottish Borders, Macdonald Cardrona Hotel is easy to get to by road, rail and air. If you're driving, they are three miles from Peebles along the A72. It is a 40-minute train journey from Edinburgh Waverley, and Edinburgh Airport is just 40 minutes away by car.
- What is included in a Macdonald Cardrona Hotel spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Macdonald Cardrona Hotel depends on the experience that you book. It is complete with a range of facilities including a pool, gym, sauna and steam room. They also offer treatments using Elemis and Jessica Nails products.
- What is near Macdonald Cardrona Hotel?
- In addition to the hotel's own amenities, Macdonald Cardrona Hotel has a number of attractions close by to explore. Head into Pebbles itself for boutique shopping, hike and GoApe in the Glentress Forest, go mountain biking in the Tweed Valley, visit Kailzie Gardens, explore Traquair House & Brewery and visit the Cocoa Black Chocolate & Pastry School.
- When was Macdonald Cardrona Hotel built?
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel was purpose-built in 2003, surrounded by its own 18-hole golf course, which preceded the building itself. It has since enjoyed renovations and refurbishments to keep it up to date.
- What amenities does Macdonald Cardrona Hotel have?
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel is a four-star destination located in 200 acres of grounds extending to the beautiful Scottish Borders countryside. The hotel has its own 18-hole golf course, 99 rooms and suites, and is home to a restaurant, lounge bar and sports bar. There's a dedicated leisure area, complete with a pool, gym, sauna and steam room and spa treatments from Elemis. Welcoming all guests, their accessible facilities include one wet room and three accessible rooms (shower over bath), there's a lift in the hotel, the spa and treatment rooms are designed to be accessible, there is a pool hoist available, disabled parking and a disabled entrance.
- What are the food and drink options at Macdonald Cardrona Hotel?
- The main restaurant at Macdonald Cardrona Hotel is Renwicks, which serves all meals inspired by Scottish favourites. The lounge and cocktail bar is open throughout the day for drinks and afternoon tea, and Spikes Bar is a less formal setting beloved by golfers for drinks and snacks throughout the day.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Macdonald Cardrona Hotel?
- Macdonald Cardrona Hotel has five spa treatment rooms, where therapists use Elemis products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Macdonald Cardrona Hotel is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.