East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa
All rooms in this contemporary hotel overlook either the resort’s 18-hole championship golf course or the lush green South Downs countryside, setting the scene for a relaxing weekend getaway. To keep in shape, the hotel’s Health Club runs yoga, pilates and studio cycling classes, after which a refreshing swim in the indoor heated pool will be just the tonic. Besides an aromatherapy room and monsoon shower, the main event here are the luxury treatments, which range from an invigorating massage to a relaxing facial.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
- Experience Showers
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Bottle of Prosecco
Petals On The Bed
Three Course Dinner
Bottle of Champagne
Why people visit here
Hotel SpaThe hotel offers a range of leisure facilities, including a health club and spa, award-winning restaurants, and two championship golf courses. The spa offers therapies using the ESPA product line, and it even has its own spa dining experience.
Scenic LocationMore than 1000 acres of Surrey countryside sets the scene for the hotel, where rooms look out onto views of the golf course and South Downs.
LocationThe hotel is easily accessible by car and train thanks to its proximity to London and Uckfield.
GolfThere are two championship golf courses at East Sussex National, which are renowned for their quality.
East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa frequently asked questions
- Who owns East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa?
- East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa is a contemporary hotel, golf course and spa set in 1000 acres of rolling Sussex countryside and owned by Michael Hunt, Sussex-based property magnate, and it's managed by the De Vere group.
- How do you get to East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa?
- East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa is located in the Sussex South Downs. For those travelling by car, it's an easy drive along the M23 and A22 until you reach the East Sussex National roundabout. There's plenty of parking at the hotel. The nearest train station is Uckfield, which is about 10-minutes away by taxi.
- What is included in an East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa depends on the experience that you book. It is complete with a range of facilities including a gym, a 20-metre pool, a spa pool, a sauna and steam room, monsoon shower and a Jacuzzi. They also offer treatments using ESPA products.
- What is near East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa?
- Most guests to East Sussex National Golf Resort find that there's much to keep them entertained on site between the spa, two championship golf courses and the surrounding Sussex Downs to explore. However, the surrounding area is brimming with treasures to explore. Amongst the top attractions are The Lanes - a famous part of Brighton & Hove known for its labyrinth of shops and famous jewellers; the charming Hastings Old Town with its lively arts scene and Tudor style; the dramatic cliffs of Beachy Head; the Blue Flag waters of Brighton Beach and the impressive Brighton Palace Pier.
- When was East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa built?
- East Sussex National dates back to the 1980s, when Canadian entrepreneur, Brian Turner, had a vision of creating a premier golf destination on what was then the Little Horsted Estate in East Sussex. The American course architect, Robert E Cupp, designed the two courses and by 1990, after two years in development, it opened and was soon recognised as a leading golf destination. The four-Star AA Accredited hotel was added in 2006.
- What amenities does East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa have?
- An ultra-modern hotel, East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa is a light and contemporary building with large windows enabling all 104 bedrooms to enjoy views over the South Downs and golf courses. The hotel is a complete experience, with three restaurants and two bars, and of course those two championship golf courses, an on-site pro shop, clubhouse and a renowned golf academy. The leisure facilities include a gym with 50 pieces of equipment and a selection of classes, while the Horsted Spa is the place for relaxation. It has a 20-metre pool, a spa pool, a sauna and steam room, monsoon shower and a Jacuzzi as well as nine treatment rooms where therapists use the ESPA product line in a range of face and body treatments. As a modern hotel, it's spacious and wheelchair accessible. The hotel's accessible facilities include three accessible bedrooms, steps to the pool, disabled facilities in the changing rooms, and treatment rooms are designed to be accessible.
- What are the food and drink options at East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa?
- The hotel has three restaurants - the AA Rosette awarded Pavilion Restaurant with views of the golf course; Hunnington’s Restaurant, which is well known for its Sunday lunch and the Fore Restaurant is perfect for breakfast, light lunches, and buffets. It also has a hotel bar and lounge, and there's the Ryder Bar and Terrace for drinks and nibbles.
- How many treatment rooms are there at East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa?
- East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa has nine treatment rooms, where therapists use ESPA products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at East Sussex National Golf Resort and Spa is from 2pm, and check-out time is 11 am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.