Hall Garth Hotel
Close to the historic market town of Darlington, Hall Garth Hotel has everything for a memorable group getaway. From golf and a gymnasium to an indoor swimming pool and spa featuring luxury marine skincare brand Thalgo, relaxation is the key. Try one of the pamper day experiences, followed by dinner in the hotel’s Stable’s pub before you retire to your four poster bed for the night.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Bouquet of Flowers
Bottle of Prosecco
Bottle of Champagne
Why people visit here
ShoppingDarlington itself is an attractive market town with a variety of boutique shops and a daily indoor market.
Pre-NatalHall Garth Hotel offers a selection of treatments catering for mums-to-be.
Golf CourseThere is a nine-hole golf course within the hotel’s extensive grounds.
Leisure Break VenueThe hotel has a good range of leisure facilities and uses elite spa brand Thalgo in a range of treatments, but there is no specialised spa area.
Hall Garth Hotel frequently asked questions
- Who owns Hall Garth Hotel?
- Hall Garth Hotel is a family owned business, the parent company of The Squirrel Group was first established in 1934 and is currently run by its board of directors.
- How do you get to Hall Garth Hotel?
- Hall Garth Hotel is located in Darlington in 70 acres of parkland. It's conveniently located just off the A1 at junction 59 with plenty of parking on site. The nearest train station is Darlington, which is 4.8 miles (17-minutes by taxi) away, and the nearest airport is Teesside International Airport, which is 8.8 miles (18-minutes away by taxi).
- What is included in a spa day at Hall Garth Hotel?
- What's included in a spa day at Hall Garth Hotel depends on the experience that you book. Facilities include a 12 metre indoor pool, gym, a Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. There are also three treatment rooms and therapists use Thalgo products in a collection of face and body treatments.
- What is near Hall Garth Hotel?
- Set in 70 acre parkland, Hall Garth Hotel is close to the historic market town of Darlington, and is a great location for exploring the surrounding area, such as Durham’s Heritage Coast and the lively harbour town of Seaham, walking along the cliffs or visiting the historic city of Durham itself. Top attractions include: - Durham Cathedral - Durham Castle - Old Durham Gardens - Durham Botanical Gardens - Finchale Priory
- When was Hall Garth Hotel built?
- Hall Garth Hotel in County Durham is a converted manor house dating back to the 15th century.
- What amenities does Hall Garth Hotel have?
- A three star destination, Hall Garth Hotel has 56 bedrooms split between the historic manor house and the more contemporary converted stables. It has two dining options on site. The Oswald's restaurant is open in the evenings on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and has a bar and outdoor terrace. The Stables pub is also available, open throughout the day for traditional pub grub. The spa facilities include a 12-metre indoor pool, gym, a Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. There are also three treatment rooms and therapists use Thalgo products in a collection of face and body treatments. Accessible facilities include: - One accessible bedroom that can sleep up to three people and is suitable for wheelchairs - Level access to the leisure facilities and spa treatment rooms - There is no hoist to the pool
- What are the food and drink options at Hall Garth Hotel?
- The hotel has two dining options on site. The Oswald's restaurant is open in the evenings on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and has a bar and outdoor terrace. The Stables pub is also available, open throughout the day for traditional pub grub.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Hall Garth Hotel?
- Hall Garth Hotel has three treatment rooms and therapists use Thalgo products in a collection of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Hall Garth Hotel is from 2pm Monday to Thursday, 3pm Saturday and Sunday check-out is at 11.00am. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.