Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort
Safe Hands For Cancer Accredited
How does hiking, pony trekking, tennis and a game of croquet with the spectacular backdrop of Ben Lomond sound? With a sun terrace for afternoon teas and cosy fires for evening drinks, this hotel is an ideal spot for getting some fresh air and relaxing. The spa also enjoys an enviable view and boasts a pool, hot tub and sauna as well as a gym and a menu of luxurious Elemis treatments, including massages, facials, scrubs and wraps.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
- Experience Showers
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Glass of Prosecco
Room Upgrade to Deluxe Room
Why people visit here
Scenic LocationIn the shadow of Ben Lomond and on the banks of Loch Ard, one of the hotel’s great assets is the view. It’s perfect for exploring the Trossachs National Park, and is also just a few miles from Aberfoyle for those who fancy a little boutique shopping.
Group VenueThe hotel welcomes groups with activities including Go Ape nearby.
Local AttractionsLooking for more to see and do? Try the Go Ape activity course, the Glengoyne Distillery, Blair Drummond Safari and Adventure Park or the Sea Life Loch Lomond Aquarium.
Accessible SpaThe pool area and changing facilities are wheelchair accessible and there is a hoist into the pool. There is a step into the leisure club, and a portable ramp to assist.
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort frequently asked questions
- Who owns Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort?
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort is part of the Macdonald Hotels & Resorts group, which is owned by Donald Macdonald. He established the group in 1990 and has expanded it to become the UK's largest privately owned hotel group.
- How do you get to Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort?
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort is easy to get to by road, rail and air. If you're driving, you will find the hotel in a tranquil location in the Stirlingshire countryside close to the B829. There is plenty of parking on site. For those travelling by train, Balloch Railway Station is 14 miles from the nearby town of Aberfoyle. If you are flying to Scotland, the nearest airport is Glasgow, which is a 50-minute drive away.
- What is included in a Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort?
- What's included in a spa day at Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort depends on the experience that you book. It is complete with a range of facilities including an 18 metre swimming pool, gym, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and a relaxation lounge. There are also treatments using Elemis and Jessica products.
- What is near Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort?
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort is a haven of tranquility surrounded by a 25-acre estate with activities including tennis and croquet, but there's also plenty to do close by. Go hiking or pony trekking through the Trossachs National Park, take a short drive to Glasgow or Edinburgh, or visit Aberfoyle for boutique shopping. Other popular attractions include a Go Ape activity course, the Glengoyne Distillery, Blair Drummond Safari and Adventure Park or the Sea Life Loch Lomond Aquarium.
- When was Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort built?
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort has an interesting history. The house dates back to 1860, but it was extensively updated in the 1930s, developing its gardens and facilities to become an impressive hotel that made the most of its inspiring location. It eventually became part of the Macdonald group and continues to welcome guests to this day.
- What amenities does Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort have?
- A four star hotel set in 25 acres of grounds and gardens, Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort is a beautiful place to stay thanks to the architecture of the property and enviable views across Ben Lomond. Within the grounds there are two tennis courts and lawns for croquet in the summer. The hotel has 49 bedrooms and 65 self-catering apartments, ranging from one to three bedrooms in size. There is a fine dining restaurant on site as well as a bar and bistro. Within the estate, the hotel is home to spa and leisure facilities which include an 18 metre swimming pool, gym, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, a relaxation lounge and four treatment rooms. The hotel's accessible facilities include an accessible room and the spa offers poolside access as well as a hoist into the water.
- What are the food and drink options at Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort?
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort has two dining options on site. The fine dining restaurant is The Garden Restaurant, which serves a menu inspired by the Scottish Highlands and offering views across the loch. For more relaxed meals as well as drinks throughout the day, there is also Rafters Bar and Bistro.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort?
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort has four treatment rooms including one dual suite. Therapists use Elemis and Jessica products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort is from 3pm, and check-out time is 10am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.