Safe Hands For Cancer Accredited
In this five-star grand mansion you’ll feel like royalty, thanks to the grandeur of the architecture, the plush furnishings and the opulent surroundings. The wooded estate offers plenty of outdoor trails for walking or running but it’s the spa that gives you the ultimate in relaxation. With first-class facilities, including a thermal suite (in the Garden Spa) and 25-metre swimming pool, a luxury menu of spa therapies is available to help you unwind and feel utterly spoiled.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Why people visit here
Hotel Spa VenueMar Hall has a good range of leisure and relaxation facilities in five star surroundings.
Pre-NatalThe spa offers treatments tailored for mums-to-be.
Local AttractionsThe hotel is within easy reach of Stirling Castle (where Mary Queen of Scots was crowned) Edinburgh Castle and Loch Lomond.
Carer Goes FreeCarers are invited to accompany guests and use the facilities free of charge.
Mar Hall frequently asked questions
- Who owns Mar Hall?
- Mar Hall is a five-star hotel and golf resort in Bishopton, Renfrewshire. It's on the Erskine Estate, whose former owner (after which the hotel is named, was the Earl of Mar). The Baronial mansion is privately owned by the Mar Hall Estate.
- How do you get to Mar Hall?
- This beautiful mansion near Glasgow in Renfrewshire is remote and enchanting. It's easiest to drive to the countryside retreat, using the sat nav postcode PA7 5PP. There's plenty of parking on site. That said, it's just 6.8 miles (10 minutes by car) from Glasgow International Airport and 14.5 miles (25-minutes by car) from Glasgow Central Station or 2.5 miles (eight minutes) from Bishopton for those travelling by train.
- What is included in a spa day at Mar Hall?
- What's included in a spa day at Mar Hall depends on the experience that you book. The five-star spa facilities include a gym, 25-metre eco-pool, sauna, steam room, and walking trails around the estate. There are five treatment rooms where therapists use Decleor, Jessica and Fake Bake products in a range of face and body therapies.
- What is near Mar Hall?
- Located within a 240 acre woodland estate, Mar Hall is brimming with activities and entertainment in its own right. The surrounding countryside is excellent for exploring, and the city of Glasgow is only a short distance away. Meanwhile, other popular attractions include Stirling Castle, where Mary Queen of Scots was crowned, Edinburgh Castle and Loch Lomond.
- When was Mar Hall built?
- Mar Hall is an impressive 19th century property that was built for the eleventh Lord Blantyre and designed by Sir Robert Smirke who had previously worked on the British Museum in London. Building began in 1828, but it was not completed until 1845, 15 years after Lord Blantyre’s death. The original property fell into disrepair in the 20th century, and was restored in 2004 following a £15million restoration, turning it into a hotel.
- What amenities does Mar Hall have?
- Mar Hall is a five-star hotel with 51 rooms and suites. It's surrounded by 240 acres of grounds, complete with walking trails and its own 18-hole championship golf course. They have several food and drink options: the Cristal Restaurant serves Scottish produce, Il Posto Ristorante is in a separate building serving Italian fare, in the Grand Hall you will find light meals and afternoon tea, and there's the Spike Bar for drinks. The leisure club and dedicated Garden Spa features a range of facilities including a gym, 25-metre eco-pool, sauna, steam room, and walking trails around the estate. There are five treatment rooms where therapists use Decleor, Jessica and Fake Bake products in a range of face and body therapies. The hotel and spa's accessible facilities include: - Disabled changing rooms - Flat entrance to spa through a walkway from the hotel - Disabled bedrooms - Lifts in the hotel to spa
- What are the food and drink options at Mar Hall?
- Mar Hall has several food and drink options: the Cristal Restaurant serves Scottish produce, Il Posto Ristorante is in a separate building serving Italian fare, in the Grand Hall you will find light meals and afternoon tea, and there's the Spike Bar for drinks.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Mar Hall?
- Mar Hall has five treatment rooms. Therapists use Decleor, Jessica and Fake Bake products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Mar Hall is from 4pm, and check-out time is 12 midday. If you're a day spa guest, the standard opening hours are 10am to 6.30pm. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.