Macdonald Crutherland House
A peaceful countryside location and yet close to the retail and dining buzz of Glasgow, this is a getaway with something for everyone. Originally a manor house, the cosy comforts of the hotel married with the architectural splendour of the building set the scene for a glamorous and luxurious weekend of pampering, best enjoyed in the spa. Here, blissful treatments combined with relaxing swims, woodland views and fresh, healthy bites to eat will keep you refreshed, relaxed and rejuvenated.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Glass of Prosecco
Room Upgrade to Deluxe Room
Room Upgrade to Super Deluxe Room
Why people visit here
Scenic LocationCrutherland House enjoys views across 37 acres of private garden just south of Glasgow.
Leisure Break VenueThe hotel offers a range of leisure facilities and treatments but is not a specialised spa venue. Free car parking is available but must be reserved in advanced.
Local AttractionsIn close proximity to the hotel are the David Livingstone Centre, Calderglen Country Park, and Mains Castle.
Accessible SpaThe hotel has a wheelchair accessible bedroom on ground floor, and lifts to all floors. There are ramps to the spa and treatment rooms are accessible.
Macdonald Crutherland House frequently asked questions
- Who owns Macdonald Crutherland House?
- Macdonald Crutherland House is part of the Macdonald Hotel Group, which has destinations across the UK, founded by Donald Macdonald. In 2021, the group sold a number of hotels including Macdonald Crutherland House to an unnamed buyer.
- How do you get to Macdonald Crutherland House?
- Located in East Kilbride, Macdonald Crutherland House is just a 30 minute drive from Glasgow city centre. There's plenty of parking for those who choose to drive via the Strathaven Road, or you can get a train to East Kilbride Station just 2.2 miles away. Glasgow Airport is also just 15.2 miles away.
- What is included in a Macdonald Crutherland House spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Macdonald Crutherland House depends on the experience that you book. However, the spa is complete with a range of facilities and treatments. There is a gym, 18-metre pool, fitness classes, a sauna, steam room, and spa café. Treatments use the Elemis product line.
- What is near Macdonald Crutherland House?
- Macdonald Crutherland House is surrounded by 37 acres of tranquil grounds. However, nearby attractions include the David Livingstone Centre, Calderglen Country Park, and Mains Castle. Glasgow is also just 30 minutes away for those who fancy shopping, sightseeing or an evening out, and Langlands Golf Club is just two miles away, situated within the Langlands Moss Nature Reserve.
- When was Macdonald Crutherland House built?
- Macdonald Crutherland House was originally built in 1705 as a manor house for Lady Dowager of Torence Castle. It first opened as a hotel in 1964 and has been welcoming guests to the four-star destination ever since.
- What amenities does Macdonald Crutherland House have?
- Macdonald Crutherland House is a four-star hotel with 37 acres to stroll in and 70 contemporary bedrooms to choose from. Its restaurant has two AA rosettes and serves a distinctly Scottish menu as well as a superb afternoon tea. The spa is complete with a a gym, an 18-metre pool, fitness classes, a sauna, steam room, and spa café. Treatments use the Elemis product line. The hotel welcomes all guests and features has made some updates to the historic building to make it more accessible. There is a ramp to the main entrance, level access in the reception area, there are slopes within the hotel for access, there is one bedroom with accessible ensuite facilities, assistance dogs are welcomed to stay with guests in accessible rooms and they offer a portable loop hearing assistance system.
- What are the food and drink options at Macdonald Crutherland House?
- Macdonald Crutherland House has a main restaurant, which has two AA rosettes and serves a distinctly Scottish menu as well as a popular afternoon tea. There's also a small cafe within the spa.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Macdonald Crutherland House?
- The spa at Macdonald Crutherland House has five spa treatment rooms where therapists use the Elemis products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Macdonald Crutherland House is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.