With cosy bedrooms, roaring fires and convivial dining spaces, this attractive hotel sets the scene for a relaxed getaway with something for everyone. Complete with its own leisure area, enjoy good times with close friends with a game of golf, a dip in the indoor heated pool and hot tub or a chill out in the relaxing sauna. A sociable space, there are loungers with a garden view on offer too. Meanwhile, at LaFontana spa, indulge in a treatment or two to complete the spa experience.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Dual Treatment
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Bottle of Champagne
Bottle of Prosecco
Room Upgrade to Suite
Early Check In
Why people visit here
Local AttractionsNorwich Cathedral, horse riding, kayaking, sailing and the Norfolk Ski Club are all nearby.
Convenient LocationThe hotel is just 3.5 miles from Norwich city centre despite its rural setting.
Family FriendlyChildren are welcome at the hotel and to use the pool and facilities. There is also a children’s pool, swimming times and activities.
ActivitiesThere are frequently water activities in the pool including aqua aerobics classes to music.
Sprowston Manor frequently asked questions
- Who owns Sprowston Manor?
- Sprowston Manor is a four-star hotel that was part of the Marriott hotel group from 1973 to 2018. It is now part of Britannia Hotels. It was originally a private property that was owned by the Bishop of Norwich in the 1500s.
- How do you get to Sprowston Manor?
- In an idyllic countryside location not far from Norwich, the easiest way to get to Sprowston Manor is to drive. The postcode for your sat nav is NR7 8RP and there's a free on-site car park. The nearest train station is Salhouse Train Station, which is just three miles away and there are bus stops located on Wroxham Road, near the entrance of the hotel.
- What is included in a spa day at Sprowston Manor?
- What's included in a spa day at Sprowston Manor depends on the experience that you book. The facilities include a gym, a sauna, steam room, pool, children’s pool, spa bath and whirlpool. There are seven treatment rooms, including a dual room, where therapists use Elemis, Decleor, Jessica, Guinot and Mii products in a range of face and body therapies.
- What is near Sprowston Manor?
- Sprowston Manor is surrounded by countryside and gardens but is also just 3.5 miles from Norwich including attractions such as Earlham Park, the Norwich Showground, Norwich Cathedral and the Norfolk Ski Club as well as activities such as horse riding, kayaking and sailing.
- When was Sprowston Manor built?
- Sprowston Manor is a pretty, red brick Manor House which dates back to 1559. Surrounded by 170 acres of parkland, it originally belonged to the Bishop of Norwich and became the home of John Corbet II in 1540. The property went through multiple illustrious families across the centuries and was even used by the military for use by the GOC Eastern Command in the Second World War. It underwent a major refurbishment in 1973 and became a hotel, gradually adding facilities including the spa and the championship golf course in 2003.
- What amenities does Sprowston Manor have?
- Sprowston Manor is a four-star hotel surrounded by 170 acres of parkland near Norwich. It has 94 rooms and suites to stay in, looking out onto the hotel's own 18-hole championship golf course. The hotel has its own popular restaurant, open for all meals including fine dining in the evening. There's also a Cafe, Bar and Grill for lighter bites. The spa at Sprowston Manor offers both leisure and relaxation experiences. Facilities include a gym, a sauna, steam room, pool, children’s pool, spa bath and whirlpool. There are seven treatment rooms, including a dual room, where therapists use Elemis, Decleor, Jessica, Guinot and Mii products in a range of face and body therapies. The hotel and spa's accessible facilities include: - Main entrance is accessible - Route to accessible guest rooms is accessible - Restaurants and lounges some are accessible - Some meeting rooms are accessible - Accessible guest rooms have wider doorways - Pool entrance is accessible - Fitness centre entrance is not accessible - Spa entrance is not accessible
- What are the food and drink options at Sprowston Manor?
- The hotel has its own popular restaurant, open for all meals including fine dining in the evening. There's also a Cafe, Bar and Grill for lighter bites.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Sprowston Manor?
- Sprowston Manor has seven treatment rooms, including a dual room on request. Therapists use Elemis, Decleor, Jessica, Guinot and Mii products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Sprowston Manor is from 3pm, and check-out time is 12-midday. If you're a day spa guest, the standard opening hours are Monday to Thursday 10am to 8pm, Friday and Saturday 9am to 7pm and Sunday 9am to 5pm. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.