This is my second trip to Doubletree by Hilton in Liverpool. First time I was impressed with the service and luxury of the place, staff were attentive, treatment rooms and spa areas were immaculate, gowns and towels were super fluffy.
Unfortunately this second trip didn’t measure up. The treatment was great, therapist did a really relaxing deep massage for me, but there’s a list of minor defects with the place that add up to really detract from the spa experience. I wouldn’t return.
- on arrival we were asked to help ourselves to tea and coffee - this included boiling the kettle (!) which I don’t expect on a luxury spa day..... then there was no milk.
- we were shown to the changing area with promises of gowns and towels. None materialised. 20 minutes later I found a housekeepers trolley in the corridor and took a towel so I could walk back to reception where I asked for gowns.
- the gowns came for the two of us, passed in a heap with one tie between us, neither of them fluffy, both well past their best. No slippers or towels.
- the toilets were dirty
- there were no paper towels by the sink, an empty roll of wet kit bags for the whole afternoon
- no skin care available or cotton wool - standard in a spa I’d have thought?!
- half a bottle of body lotion with the Elemis label covered with a handwritten one.
- no staff available in the spa area to query any of these things with at all throughout the afternoon
- empty cups, towels and rubbish about changing room and spa areas not moved by staff