Renowned for going above and beyond for its guests, Thornton Hall does not disappoint in its aim to please. From outdoor terraces and exquisite food and wine to characterful bedrooms and a 20-metre pool, there’s plenty of opportunity to relax and soak up the Wirral countryside. An important part of Thornton Hall, the spa is your chance to experience luxury treatments including ESPA and Elemis facials and treatments. There’s even a hair spa to give yourself a complete treat, as well as manicures and pedicures for an all over indulgent experience.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Hydrotherapy Pool
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Petals On The Bed
Bottle of Prosecco
Bottle of Champagne
Bucket of Beers
Box of Chocolates
Why people visit here
Hen FriendlyThe hotel and spa welcome hen parties and group bookings.
Hotel Spa VenueThe hotel offers a range of leisure facilities and treatments surrounded by beautiful gardens and countryside.
Local AttractionsNess Botanic Gardens and the nearby Benedictine Monastery which dates back to 1150 come highly recommended.
Accessible SpaThe hotel and Lodge Clinical Spa areas are both accessible providing two large treatment rooms with adjustable beds, and a disabled toilet on the ground floor.
Thornton Hall frequently asked questions
- Who owns Thornton Hall?
- Thornton Hall is a four-star family-owned hotel in one of Wirral's most attractive villages. Once the seat of the renowned Cheshire family, the Leverhulmes, it is now owned by the Thompson family.
- How do you get to Thornton Hall?
- Thornton Hall is in the village of Thornton Hough, a five minute drive from junction 4 M53. It's easily accessible by car and there's plenty of parking at the estate. If you are travelling by train, the recommendation is to head to Liverpool Lime Street station and then get a taxi (around 20 minutes) to the hotel.
- What is included in a Thornton Hall spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Thornton Hall depends on the experience that you book. However, the spa is complete with a range of facilities and treatments. There is a gym, and a 20-metre pool with a satellite whirlpool, a spa pool, and two outdoor hot tubs with power jets. There is also a hemlock sauna, fibre optic steam room, a snow cave, rasul treatments and therapies using ESPA, Elemis, MD Formulations, Jessica Nails, and Mama Mio products.
- What is near Thornton Hall?
- Thornton Hall is a short drive to Liverpool for those who want to combine their getaway with city exploration. It's also within easy reach of local attractions including Ness Botanic Gardens and a Benedictine Monastery which dates back to 1150.
- When was Thornton Hall built?
- Originally built in the middle of the 19th-century as the home of the Bamford family, Thornton Hall then passed to the Leverhulmes. It fell into disrepair after the third Viscount Leverhulme died in 2000. In 2005 it underwent extensive renovations and refurbishment after it was bought by the Thompson family.
- What amenities does Thornton Hall have?
- Thornton Hall features a four-star hotel with a variety of rooms and suites as well as three options for food and drink including the main hotel restaurant for fine dining, an accompanying bar and the Health Club’s own brasserie. The spa sits within the grounds, including a gym, and a 20-metre pool with a satellite whirlpool, a spa pool, and two outdoor hot tubs with power jets. There is also a hemlock sauna, fibre optic steam room, a snow cave, rasul treatments and a range of face and body therapies. There's also a Hair Spa to complete the experience. Thornton Hall aims to make the hotel and spa accessible to all. Their accessibility measures include: ground floor rooms - two wet room bedrooms and some ground floor treatment rooms. They do not have any lifts so they request guests let them know about any requirements. Around the spa and hot tubs there are a small number of steps into the changing rooms and into the pool.
- What are the food and drink options at Thornton Hall?
- There are three options for food and drink at Thornton Hall. The main restaurant is available for fine dining; there's an accompanying bar; and the Health Club’s own brasserie is open for lighter meals throughout the day.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Thornton Hall?
- There are eight spa treatment rooms at Thornton Hall - three of these are in the actual spa and the other five in The Lodge . In addition, there is a rasul and a dedicated Hair Spa.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Thornton Hall is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.