The Springfield Hotel
On the side of Halkyn Mountain with views across the Dee Estuary, The Springfield Hotel is a contemporary and understated, three-star hotel that welcomes everyone. From leisure breaks with pampering and relaxation, a romantic weekend with your partner or quality time with friends - there’s space for everyone to relax and unwind.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Dual Treatment
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Bottle of Champagne
Bottle of Prosecco
Early Check In
Why people visit here
Scenic locationThe hotel’s location on the side of Halkyn Mountain with views across the Dee Estuary, make it a wonderful destination for walking, enjoying the views and taking in the fresh air before relaxing in the spa.
Leisure VenueThe Springfield Hotel is a welcoming, modern hotel with a dedicated new health club and spa complete with a gym, dance studio, sauna, steam room and an outdoor hot tub as well as a collection of spa treatments from Hebridean skincare line Ishga. However, there is no swimming pool.
Convenient LocationThe hotel is conveniently located at Junction 32A of the A55, perfect for an easy access weekend retreat or business meetings near Chester and North Wales.
Local AttractionsThe Springfield Hotel is a great base for exploring the surrounding area. Perhaps take a trip to Chester for its shops, head to the horse races, hike in the Cumbrian Hills or visit historic sites like Basingwerk Abbey.
The Springfield Hotel frequently asked questions
- Who owns The Springfield Hotel?
- The Springfield Hotel on the side of Halkyn Mountain with views across the Dee Estuary is owned by Sebastian and Gynette Janney and is a family-run business.
- How do you get to The Springfield Hotel?
- Located just off junction 32A of the A55, The Springfield Hotel is easy and convenient to get to. A three-star destination on the side of Halkyn Mountain, it has views across the Dee Estuary, and there's plenty of free parking. The nearest train station is Flint in Pentre Halkyn, which is about nine minutes away by car.
- What is included in a spa day at The Springfield Hotel?
- What's included in a spa day at The Springfield Hotel depends on the experience that you book. It is complete with a range of facilities including a 32-station technogym with cardio equipment, resistance training and free weights. The exercise studio has Myzone tracking technology offering a range of classes, and for rest and pampering there’s a sauna, steam room and covered outdoor hot tub. There's also a mud rasul room, a relaxation room, and treatments using Ishga products.
- What is near The Springfield Hotel?
- The Springfield Hotel is ideally located for exploring Chester and North Wales, as well as the surrounding Halkyn Mountain area. Top attractions in the local area include hiking in the countryside or visiting Ness Botanic Gardens, Flint Castle, Rhuddlan Castle, Denbigh Castle or St Winefride's Well Shrine.
- When was The Springfield Hotel built?
- Originally a country manor, The Springfield Hotel dates back to the early 19th-century but has been established as a hotel since the early 1960s. It has also since undergone multiple renovations to make it the three-star retreat that it is today.
- What amenities does The Springfield Hotel have?
- A three-star hotel with views of the Wirral and the Cumbrian Hills, The Springfield Hotel has 37 bedrooms ranging from Standard rooms (single, double or twin), to Family Rooms, Four Poster Rooms, Executive Rooms and a Suite. Its restaurant and bar are popular and relaxed, open for meals throughout the day. Meanwhile, their spa and leisure facilities include a 32-station technogym with cardio equipment, resistance training and free weights. The exercise studio has Myzone tracking technology offering a range of classes, and for rest and pampering there’s a sauna, steam room and covered outdoor hot tub. There's also a mud rasul room, a relaxation room, and treatments using Ishga products. There are accessible rooms available at the hotel, as well as wheelchair access in most areas.
- What are the food and drink options at The Springfield Hotel?
- The Springfield Hotel has a popular and relaxed restaurant, named the 32A Restaurant and Bar, for the hotel's location. They serve food and drink throughout the day, from a full Welsh breakfast to afternoon teas and sumptuous dinners. The bar and heated terrace are available for drinks and snacks, with the terrace open from spring into the late autumn. There's also a lounge area for teas and coffees.
- How many treatment rooms are there at The Springfield Hotel?
- The Springfield Hotel has four treatment rooms including two dual rooms, where therapists use Ishga products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at The Springfield Hotel is from 3pm, and check-out time is 10 am, with late checkout on request. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.