Edinburgh Holyrood Hotel
From the famous shopping delights of Princes Street to the wondrous sightseeing opportunities at The Royal Mile, this central Edinburgh hotel has everything you need for a memorable and convenient getaway. For a moment of quiet, enjoy some rest and recuperation in the spa, where luxurious treatments, courtesy of experienced therapists and renowned skincare brand Elemis will ease you into a state of extreme relaxation.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Relax Room
- Dual Treatment
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Glass of Prosecco
2 Course Lunch
Private Cocktail Making Class (5 or more guests)
Why people visit here
Leisure Break VenueThe hotel has a good selection of leisure facilities and treatments using the Elemis brand but is not a specialised spa.
Hen FriendlyThanks to the city’s variety of entertainment, as well as the hotel’s spa facilities, the venue caters well to hen parties and girly getaways.
Accessible SpaThe hotel and spa areas are both wheelchair accessible with lifts throughout. The pool has graduated steps but no hoist. Guide dogs are welcome.
ShoppingTake advantage of Edinburgh's famous shopping culture. With Princess Street a five minute taxi ride away, spend your morning at the sales and your afternoon at the spa... the perfect way to spend your day!
Edinburgh Holyrood Hotel frequently asked questions
- Who owns Holyrood Hotel?
- Holyrood Hotel is currently owned by the private equity firm Zetland Capital Partners, who bought it in 2021. The company was founded in 2016 by Mr Hamdani. The hotel is managed by Zetland’s joint venture partner, Hamilton Hotel Partners.
- How do you get to Holyrood Hotel?
- Holyrood Hotel is close to the historic old town area of Edinburgh with its world famous Royal Mile and the Scottish Parliament building. It's a 15-minute walk (0.5 miles) from Waverley Railway station, eight miles from Edinburgh Airport. You can also drive to the hotel - they do have limited parking (24 spaces) and they can be pre-booked.
- What is included in a Holyrood Hotel spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Holyrood Hotel depends on the experience that you book. However, the spa is complete with a range of facilities and treatments. There is a gym, fitness classes such as aerobics and Aquafit, a 14-metre pool, sauna and steam room. They also have a range of treatments available using the Elemis and Mii product lines.
- What is near Holyrood Hotel?
- Holyrood Hotel is incredibly well located for exploring the beautiful city of Edinburgh. Step out the door and you are just a short walk from the shopping and historic sites of the famous Prince's Street, head to Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle, the majestic Palace of Holyrood House, the National portrait Gallery, the National Museum of Scotland and more.
- When was Holyrood Hotel built?
- Holyrood Hotel is a contemporary hotel, which was built in 2000 as a lyxfry, four-star getaway with modern facilities and an enviable location.
- What amenities does Holyrood Hotel have?
- Holyrood Hotel has everything you could ask for from a modern hotel. It has 156 rooms and suites, views of the Salisbury Crags and Arthur’s Seat, a welcoming bar as well as the relaxed Surf & Turf restaurant. The spa and leisure facilities include a gym, fitness classes such as aerobics and Aquafit, a 14-metre pool, sauna and steam room, and a range of treatments available using the Elemis and Mii product lines. The hotel and spa areas are both wheelchair accessible with lifts throughout. The pool has graduated steps but no hoist. Guide dogs are welcome.
- What are the food and drink options at Holyrood Hotel?
- The hotel has one restaurant and one bar. Surf & Turf is a relaxed dining area for all meals, and specialising in locally sourced ingredients. The bar is open throughout the day, and welcomes guests for everything from an ice-cold beer to a mojito or Scotch on the rocks.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Holyrood Hotel?
- The spa at Holyrood Hotel has four spa treatment rooms where therapists use the Elemis and Mii product lines in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.