This 21st century retreat set in a 15th century country escape perfectly marries the old and the new. Synonymous with romantic breaks, you and your loved one will be completely indulged as you move from luxury accommodation to delicious dining and a serene spa. Blending aromatherapy, holistic treatments and Eastern expertise, the spa is a wonderful place to feel calm and relaxed, as you enjoy decadent treatments and facilities, including a picturesque outdoor heated pool.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
- Outdoor Pool
- Experience Showers
Why people visit here
ShoppingThe little town of Cheltenham is nearby with a wealth of boutique shops.
Hotel SpaEllenborough Park’s luxurious spa is located within the grounds in a separate building to accommodation and is for adults aged 18 and over only.
Family FriendlyAlthough the spa is for adults only, the hotel welcomes families with family rooms and cots available.
Dog FriendlyThere are 13 dog-friendly rooms available throughout the hotel and dogs are welcome throughout the grounds.
Ellenborough Park frequently asked questions
- Who owns Ellenborough Park?
- Ellenborough Park is operated by Michels & Taylor, an asset management company headed by Sir David Michels and Hugh Taylor. They manage the hotel on behalf of the owner Shetland Hotels.
- How do you get to Ellenborough Park?
- Set in 90 acres close to Cheltenham in the Cotswolds, Ellenborough Park is on the Ellenborough Park estate. Easiest to get to by car, there is plenty of parking and the property is reached via the B4632. The nearest station is Cheltenham Spa, which is 4.5 miles or a 15-minute taxi ride away.
- What is included in a spa day at Ellenborough Park?
- What's included in a spa day at Ellenborough Park depends on the experience that you book. The spa and leisure facilities are in a separate building to the hotel and are adult only. They include a hot tub, sauna, steam room, fitness suite and a heated outdoor pool. There are also seven treatment rooms including one dual suite, where therapists use Elemis products in a range of face and body therapies.
- What is near Ellenborough Park?
- Ellenborough Park is just a few miles from the pretty town of Cheltenham, which has lots of boutique shops and cafes to explore. Other popular attractions in the area include Cheltenham Racecourse and Pittville Park. Seasonal events such as the Cheltenham Festival, which culminates in the Gold Cup are particular draw cards.
- When was Ellenborough Park built?
- A grand country house hotel, Ellenborough Park opened as a hotel in 2011, but the property itself dates back to the 1400s when it was known as Southam House. It took its current name from the Earl of Ellenborough, who was one of the many high-profile guests who once stayed there, another being King George III.
- What amenities does Ellenborough Park have?
- Ellenborough Park is a five-star luxury hotel set in 90 acres of grounds and gardens in the Cotswolds. It has 61 rooms and suites spread across duffers buildings, each with luxe details such as Hypnos beds and underfloor heating. There are two restaurants at the hotel; the Beaufort Dining Room, which has three AA Rosettes, for fine dining, or the Brasserie and Hotel Bar for more relaxed fare. The spa is in a separate building to the hotel and is adult only. Facilities include a hot tub, sauna, steam room, fitness suite and a heated outdoor pool. There are also seven treatment rooms including one dual suite, where therapists use Elemis products in a range of face and body therapies. The hotel and spa's accessible facilities include: - A portable ramp is available at the entrance - Reception is on the ground floor and has level access - There are four accessible bedrooms, two of which interconnect with each other. - All bedroom doors are marked with raised numbers. - A mobile loop, vibrating pillow pad and alarm clock with flashing light are available on request. - Corridors are 1200mm or wider and floor coverings are wooden, flag stones or carpeted. - The Restaurant room entry is on the Ground floor with entry by 3 steps. - Both The Restaurant and The Horse Box have level access throughout - Crockery colours contrast with tables. - The Great Hall is situated on the Ground Floor with entry level from reception and main entrance. - Public toilets can be found on the ground floor with level access from the main entrance and reception. - There is one accessible toilet just off the main reception area.
- What are the food and drink options at Ellenborough Park?
- There are two restaurants at Ellenborough Park; the Beaufort Dining Room, which has three AA Rosettes, for fine dining, or the Brasserie and Hotel Bar for more relaxed fare.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Ellenborough Park?
- Ellenborough Park has seven treatment rooms including one dual suite. Therapists use Elemis in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Ellenborough Park is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, the standard opening hours are: 9.30am to 8.30pm. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.