Fairmont St Andrews
If you can draw yourself away from the stunning sea vista that dominates this perfectly appointed hotel and golf course, there are myriad opportunities for leisure and pleasure. With 10 treatment rooms, the spa is for enjoying decadent treatments designed to leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The luxury By The Sea spa experience for instance, is a real treat for the senses. Besides this, there’s a gym, fitness classes, pool and sauna to be enjoyed too.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Afternoon Tea - Saturday and Sunday only
Afternoon Tea - Monday to Friday only
Why people visit here
Scenic LocationThe hotel is perched on a cliff top overlooking the sea and surrounding golf courses.
RestaurantThere are multiple choices when it comes to dining offering everything from traditional Scottish fare to Mediterranean cuisine.
Golf ResortFairmont St Andrews is home to two championship golf courses.
Hotel Spa VenueThe hotel has a range of spa facilities and treatments available.
Fairmont St Andrews frequently asked questions
- Who owns Fairmont St. Andrews?
- Fairmont St. Andrews is owned by a consortium led by Great Century - Hong Kong-based investors, who bought it in 2014 for a sum said to be £32.4m.
- How do you get to Fairmont St. Andrews?
- Fairmont St. Andrews sits in a remote location above St Andrew’s Bay, 3.6 miles from St Andrews itself. You can get here by air, car or rail. Edinburgh Airport is 52 miles from the hotel. By car you can reach it via the Queensferry Crossing on to the M90. The nearest station is Leuchars (20 minutes away), and you can get a taxi from there or alternatively it's a 15-minute bus journey.
- What is included in a Fairmont St. Andrews spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Fairmont St. Andrews depends on the experience that you book. However, the spa is complete with a wide range of facilities and treatments. They include a state-of-the-art gym, 16-metre pool, sauna and steam room, as well as 10 treatment rooms and a range of spa therapies from ESPA and Ishga.
- What is near Fairmont St. Andrews?
- Fairmont St. Andrews is a complete experience in its own right with two championship golf courses as well as the spa. However, close by there are also wonderful things to see and do. For example, St Andrews Cathedral, St. Andrews Aquarium, The St Andrews Spy Mission Treasure Trail, take a ghost tour, or explore the Fife Pilgrim Way.
- When was Fairmont St. Andrews built?
- Fairmont St. Andrews opened in June 2001 following a £50 million development. However, the site's heritage goes back far further than that - golf is said to have been played here since 1400AD.
- What amenities does Fairmont St. Andrews have?
- Fairmont St. Andrews is blessed with a variety of facilities including two championship golf courses, a hotel with four bars and restaurants, and a spa. The spa has a state-of-the-art gym, 16-metre pool, sauna and steam room, as well as 10 treatment rooms and a range of spa therapies from ESPA and Ishga. Fairmont St. Andrews aims to make the hotel and spa accessible to all. Their accessibility measures include: 12 accessible rooms; lift access throughout the hotel; accessible toilets within the public areas of the Hotel which are wide enough for manual or power wheelchairs; all accessible toilets have grab rails.
- What are the food and drink options at Fairmont St. Andrews?
- There are four bars and restaurants at Fairmont St. Andrews. Have afternoon tea in The Atrium with its glass roof, enjoy Scottish fare with a twist in the main restaurant, The Squire; hearty lunches and evening cocktails are served in Kittocks Den; and Italian dishes are offered in La Cucina.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Fairmont St. Andrews?
- There are 10 treatment rooms in the spa at Fairmont St. Andrews, where therapists offer a range of treatments using ESPA and Ishga products.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Fairmont St. Andrews hotel is from 4:00pm. Check-out is now 11:00am. If you're visiting for a spa day, please confirm your check in time when you book.
- How many rooms does Fairmont St. Andrews have?
- Fairmont St. Andrews hotel has 209 rooms and suites, many of which overlook the golf course.
- Is Fairmont St. Andrews a links course?
- From its elevated position perched on the cliff tops above St. Andrews Bay, Fairmont St. Andrews has two links golf courses - the Torrance and the Kittocks.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.