Hope Street Hotel
In Liverpool’s Georgian neighbourhood, Hope Street Hotel is a four-star hotel surrounded by some of the most inspiring institutions that the city has to offer. Its impressive architecture combined with contemporary interiors gives it a unique edge, perfect for romantic escapes. Meanwhile, the spa is a blissful space where modern design meets holistic wellness in chic and luxurious style, complete with a beautiful thermal suite.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Experience Showers
- Steam Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Bottle of Prosecco
Bottle of House White Wine
Petals On The Bed
Early Check In
Why people visit here
Best known forThe fantastic location. The hotel is wonderfully located for exploring the city. Neighbours include Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, Everyman Theatre, independent restaurants and university buildings as well as two magnificent cathedrals. With all of that in mind, the scene is set to really make the most of this unique city.
Most loved byThe style of the hotel gives it a seductive edge, making it perfect for a romantic getaway, especially if you book a Rooftop Suite complete with its own outdoor hot tub with views of the city skyline.
Wow-factorThe design. Hope Street Hotel is a beautiful contemporary hotel in a historic building, complete with a luxurious spa experience. Location, style and spa - it's the trifecta of mini break destinations.
Exceptional spa featureThe spa is enchanting - all exposed brick and industrial style. We love everything from the REN treatments to the aroma steam room, but if we had to choose a favourite feature, it would probably be the pool with underwater music.
Hope Street Hotel frequently asked questions
- Who owns Hope Street Hotel?
- Hope Street Hotel is a luxury hotel in Liverpool, owned by Dave Brewitt, who is the founder and CEO. Brewitt is a self-taught builder, who designed and built the original 48 bedroom hotel, which opened in 2003. He then expanded it in 2009, and again in 2020 to add the spa, gym and a private cinema.
- How do you get to Hope Street Hotel?
- Hope Street Hotel is in a fantastic location for exploring Liverpool, located in Liverpool’s pretty, Georgian neighbourhood on the eponymous street. For those who drive to the hotel, there is on-street parking with metres in operation from 8am to 6pm (parking is free between 6pm and 8am). There is also a car park on Caledonia Street, opposite the hotel (£16 for 24 hours). For those travelling by train, Liverpool Lime Street station is just 0.6 miles away (six minutes by taxi or 15-minutes walking). Those travelling in by plane can head to Liverpool John Lennon Airport, which is eight miles away (25-minutes by taxi).
- What is included in a spa day at Hope Street Hotel?
- What's included in a spa day at Hope Street Hotel depends on the experience that you book. Facilities include a herbal sauna, Himalayan salt sauna, aroma steam room, experience showers complete with lights, music and fragrance, a tepidarium with heated beds, a 15-metre pool with underwater music, and a courtyard vitality pool. There's also a gym and studio classes, and seven treatment rooms where therapists use REN, Temple Spa and Leighton Denny products in a collection of face and body treatments.
- What is near Hope Street Hotel?
- Hope Street Hotel is in a pretty part of Liverpool, and is in prime position for exploring. Neighbours include Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, Everyman Theatre, independent restaurants and university buildings as well as two magnificent cathedrals. Beyond that, Liverpool is full of sites to see and things to do, from live music at the Cavern Club (famous for the Beatles), to Tate Liverpool or football at Anfield.
- When was Hope Street Hotel built?
- Originally The London Carriage Works, Hope Street Hotel is housed in an 1860 Venetian-style palazzo. It opened as a hotel after extensive rebuilding and renovations in 2003 and has since experienced multiple updates and additions, the most recent being the spa in 2020.
- What amenities does Hope Street Hotel have?
- Hope Street Hotel is a four-star hotel with 149 rooms and suites, all enjoying exceptional style and some with views of the city skyline. The hotel restaurant, The London Carriage Works, is named for the building's heritage and there is also an adjacent bar - the TLCW. The spa is a destination in its own right, complete with a herbal sauna, Himalayan salt sauna, aroma steam room, experience showers complete with lights, music and fragrance, a tepidarium with heated beds, a 15-metre pool with underwater music, and a courtyard vitality pool. There's also a gym and studio classes, and seven treatment rooms where therapists use REN, Temple Spa and Leighton Denny products in a collection of face and body treatments. Accessible facilities include accessible rooms and suites.
- What are the food and drink options at Hope Street Hotel?
- The hotel has a popular restaurant, The London Carriage Works, which serves modern British fare using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients. It is named in honour of the building's heritage as a former warehouse of a coach and carriage builders. It has an accompanying bar, the TLCW, a welcoming space for sharing plates, drinks and light bites.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Hope Street Hotel?
- Hope Street Hotel has seven treatment rooms including one dual suite. Therapists use REN, Temple Spa and Leighton Denny products to deliver face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Hope Street Hotel is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. The standard spa opening hours are 8am to 8pm. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.