Hailed as one of the most prestigious spas and hotels in the UK, Lucknam Park is a spectacular country house hotel set in 500 acres of grounds just outside Bath. Achingly romantic, it offers outstanding levels of luxury, from the Michelin starred Restaurant Hywel Jones to the legendary spa. Amongst its favourite features are the immaculate spa facilities, where facilities include an indoor/outdoor hydrotherapy pool with arboretum views.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Dual Treatment
- Hydrotherapy Pool
- Relax Room
Why people visit here
Best known forOutstanding levels of luxury, from the Michelin starred Restaurant Hywel Jones restaurant to the legendary spa.
Most loved byThere isn't a soul who wouldn't delight in visiting here, but for those celebrating special occasions or visiting on a romantic getaway, it's a real treat.
Wow-factorIt's impossible to choose one feature, but the 500 acre gardens are inspiring and best explored on horseback courtesy of their very own Equestrian Centre.
Exceptional spa featureThe design of the spa is immaculate, creating a connection between luxury wellness and natural beauty.
Lucknam Park frequently asked questions
- Who owns Lucknam Park?
- Today, the luxurious Lucknam Park hotel and spa in Wiltshire is owned by a European shipping family who operate it as a single private hotel. The hotel has a history that goes back as far as 1199, when it was once a farmhouse. It became an elegant estate when it was bought by James Wallis, a wealthy Bristol Merchant, in the 1600s. It passed through multiple families over the decades and was bought in 1987 by a joint venture trading as Lucknam Park Hotels Limited before being bought by the current proprietors in 1994.
- How do you get to Lucknam Park?
- Situated near the village of Colerne, just six miles from Bath, Lucknam Park is easy to get to by car or taxi from the train station. For those who are driving, there's plenty of parking on site. The M4 motorway Junction 17 is just 15 minutes away, and you can reach Bristol in 30 minutes or Bath in 20 or Central London in just under two hours. There are direct trains from London Paddington to nearby Chippenham (four minutes from the hotel) which take as little as 1 hour and eight minutes. Those flying in can head to London Heathrow (one hour, 25 minutes away) or Bristol International Airport (50-minutes by car).
- What is included in a spa day at Lucknam Park?
- What's included in a spa day at Lucknam Park depends on the experience that you book. Facilities include an Equestrian Centre, tennis courts, a five a side football pitch and a gym, a 20-metre indoor pool, an indoor/outdoor hydrotherapy pool with arboretum views, a relaxation area, five thermal cabins and dry floatation. There's also a relaxation room and a social lounge, a manicure/pedicure room, and a dedicated restaurant. Treatments use a combination of 111Skin and Natural Spa Factory products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What is near Lucknam Park?
- Lucknam Park is set in 500 acres of grounds and gardens just outside Bath, but while it offers guests the chance to enjoy rural bliss, it's also conveniently located 20-minutes from Bath and 30-minutes from Bristol, both of which are worth a visit for their historic attractions, shops and cultural hotspots. The Cotswold countryside is also a wondrous place to explore - walking, cycling, and visiting chocolate-box villages. Head to Castle Combe, Durham Park, Stourhead, Longleat Safari Park, or Westonbirt Arboretum, for example.
- When was Lucknam Park built?
- The Lucknam Park we know today is a Grade II listed Palladian mansion, dating back to 1720. However, its history can be traced back as far as the Saxons when the site was believed to be a settlement. There has been a farmhouse here since 1199, and for 500 years it was farmed, until 1688 when the family left the entire estate to a cousin who sold it. It first opened as a hotel in 1988.
- What amenities does Lucknam Park have?
- A five-star hotel surrounded by 500 acres of grounds and gardens, Lucknam Park has a wealth of experiences to enjoy. The hotel has 42 sumptuous rooms and suites, and dinner is served in their Michelin starred Restaurant Hywel Jones. They also have a Brasserie for more relaxed meals. Leisure activities span the grounds as well as at the spa. Facilities include an Equestrian Centre, tennis courts, a five a side football pitch and a gym, a 20-metre indoor pool, an indoor/outdoor hydrotherapy pool with arboretum views, a relaxation area, five thermal cabins and dry floatation. There's also a relaxation room and a social lounge, a manicure/pedicure room, and a dedicated restaurant. Treatments use a combination of 111Skin and Natural Spa Factory products in a range of face and body treatments. Accessible facilities include: - Disabled parking and valet parking - Disabled toilets - 16 rooms are located on the ground floor - One dedicated bedroom for wheelchair access - A small fridge would be available on request for any medication - Service dogs (only) are welcome - 24 hour room service with appropriate menus available - Staff available 24 hours a day to assist guests if required - Can arrange a care nurse if prior notice is given
- What are the food and drink options at Lucknam Park?
- Lucknam Park is well known for its fantastic food. The Michelin starred Restaurant Hywel Jones is the highlight of the culinary experience, serving superb food and an impressive wine list. The Brasserie is less formal and adjoins the spa - they offer a modern, a la carte menu.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Lucknam Park?
- Lucknam Park has nine treatment rooms including one dual suite. Therapists use 111Skin and Natural Spa Factory products to deliver face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Lucknam Park is from 3pm, and check-out time is 12 midday. If you're a day spa guest, the standard opening hours are 7.30am to 9pm. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.