Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel
Just a short stroll from Bath’s historic town centre, this well-appointed hotel is a sight to behold, with its elegant architecture, landscaped gardens and sumptuous style. Eat well in its award winning restaurant, watch the wildlife from the outdoor terrace or simply succumb to the ultimate relaxation in the spa. Here, you’ll be treated to state of the art wet facilities alongside an infrared heat cabin and relaxation room, all of which are at your disposal before or after a gorgeous spa treatment.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Hydrotherapy Pool
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Glass of Prosecco
Room Upgrade to Deluxe Room
Why people visit here
RestaurantThe Vellore restaurant has been awarded two AA Rosettes for its fine dining experience.
Hotel Spa VenueThe hotel offers a range of leisure facilities including a thermal suite as well as treatments from Elemis. Facilities include: pool, outdoor hydrotherapy pool, whirlpool, massage shower, sauna, aromatherapy steam room, infrared heat cabin and ice room.
Local AttractionsBath Abbey, the Roman Baths, the Fashion Museum, Theatre Royal Bath, and Victoria Art Gallery are amongst the city’s attractions.
Accessible SpaThere is ground floor entry to the spa with a lift to other floors, an accessible changing room, large treatment room including accessible shower, and an accessible pool area. Carers are invited to accompany guests and use the facilities free of charge.
Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel frequently asked questions
- Who owns Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel?
- Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel is part of the Macdonald Hotels group, which has a nationwide collection of destinations. The group is owned by the eponymous Donald Macdonald, who established it in 1990 and has expanded it to become the largest privately owned hotel group in the UK.
- How do you get to Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel?
- Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel is wonderfully located in the city of Bath, but offering plenty of space both for relaxation and for parking. Those travelling by car can reach it just off the A36 on Sydney Road. It is accessible by train just an hour and a half by train from London or 15 minutes from Bristol - Bath Spa railway station is a five minute taxi journey to the hotel. The hotel is also just 20 miles from Bristol Airport.
- What is included in a Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel depends on the experience that you book. However, the spa is complete with a range of facilities and treatments. There is a gym, pool, outdoor hydrotherapy pool, whirlpool, massage shower, sauna, aromatherapy steam room, infrared heat cabin and ice room as well as a relaxation room. Therapists also use Elemis and Jessana by Jessica products in a range of face and body treatments. Therapists are also trained by Jennifer Young - offering therapies for anyone who has had a cancer diagnosis.
- What is near Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel?
- Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel is wonderfully located for exploring the historic city of Bath - its heritage sites, it's shops and its restaurants. It's also a wonderful base for exploring the surrounding countryside. Favourite activities range from sunrise hot air balloon rides to paddleboarding on the Avon canal, visiting Stonehenge or exploring Longleat safari park. Closer to home, head to the Roman Baths - built in 70 AD or Holburne Museum.
- When was Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel built?
- Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel sits within a beautiful Regency property which dates back to 1835. It was originally built as a private house for General Augustus Andrews. It first opened as a hotel in 1912 before it was taken over by the admiralty during the war, before being used as a school and a nurses' home. It underwent a huge renovation and became a hotel again in the 1990s under the Rocco Forte collection, before being bought by the Macdonald in 2006.
- What amenities does Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel have?
- Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel is blessed with tranquil gardens and an enviable location. The hotel has 129 rooms and suites enjoying blissful views, and there's an award-winning restaurant in the former ballroom. There's also a more relaxed space for food and drink on the terrace and teas and coffees in the drawing room, alongside two separate bar areas. The spa meanwhile, features a gym, pool, outdoor hydrotherapy pool, whirlpool, massage shower, sauna, aromatherapy steam room, infrared heat cabin and ice room as well as a relaxation room and therapies from Elemis and Jennifer Young - offering therapies for anyone who has had a cancer diagnosis. In terms of accessibility, Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel describes itself as fully accessible for wheelchair users. There are also two dedicated accessible bedrooms.
- What are the food and drink options at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel?
- The hotel has an award-winning fine dining restaurant - Vellore - in the former ballroom. Lighter dishes are served at The Alfresco & Terrace, and there are two bars - the Colonnade and Rotunda.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel?
- The spa at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel has seven spa treatment rooms inducing a couples room and a manicure area for two people.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am - Late check-out is available subject to availability and for an additional fee. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.