This exquisite hotel has so much to offer in the way of beauty, service and activities, however The Spa at South Lodge is a destination in its own right. Designed with sustainability in mind, the spa lets the outdoors in as much as possible, so you can expect spectacular South Downs views from many vantage points including the indoor pool and relaxation space. Outside, the luxury continues, with an infinity edge pool, natural wild pool and a hydrotherapy pool. Inside, the spa has a superb thermal suite and 14 nature-themed treatment rooms to enjoy massages, facials and body rituals.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Dual Treatment
- Experience Showers
- Hydrotherapy Pool
- Outdoor Pool
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Room Upgrade to a Smart Room with a View
Room Upgrade to Plush Junior Suite
Room Upgrade to Plush Junior Suite with a View
Why people visit here
Best known forIts luxury eco-spa credentials. This hotel is the perfect combination of luxury and wellbeing, bringing together local sparkling wine in the Ridgeview Beauty Bar, with a grass and sedum roof that help it blend into the South Downs, and a unique wild swimming pool.
Most loved byCouples thanks to everything from superb design to award-winning food and beautiful surroundings. However, it’s also perfect for sophisticated hen parties or birthday celebrations as the spa can cater for groups of eight for spa days and up to 12 on overnight breaks.
Exceptional spa featureThere are so many lovely things about this spa, but one of the most unique has to be the wild swimming pool, which is a heated outdoor pond, complete with reeds and moss for a natural vibe.
Wow-factorThe surroundings, which the hotel and spa have so eloquently celebrated in the exquisite design of both the spa building and its experiences. Make sure you take a stroll around the grounds or borrow a bicycle to explore the Downs while you’re here.
South Lodge frequently asked questions
- Who owns South Lodge?
- South Lodge is a five star hotel that's part of the Exclusive Hotels collection, also known for Pennyhill Park Hotel and Spa in Surrey. They have a portfolio of luxury hotels across the south of the UK. The group Managing Director and owner is Danny Pecorelli.
- How do you get to South Lodge?
- Travelling to South Lodge is easiest by car as the hotel is located in a blissful location of 93 acres of grounds in the South Downs. The postcode for sat nav is RH13 6PS, and there's plenty of parking on site. The nearest station is Horsham Train Station, which is five miles or 10-minutes away by taxi. You will be able to get a taxi to South Lodge from the taxi rank at the station.
- What is included in a spa day at South Lodge?
- What's included in a spa day at South Lodge depends on the experience that you book. The eco-friendly, 44,000 sq. ft. spa has a range of indoor and outdoor facilities including a state-of-the-art gym and spin studio, an indoor pool, outdoor hydrotherapy pool and swim pond and a thermal suite. There’s also the Ridgeview Beauty Bar, teaming up with award-winning English sparkling wine producers from the South Downs, Ridgeview, an on-site barbers, and a well-being restaurant - Botanica - dedicated to the spa. There are 14 treatment rooms including one dual suite, where therapists use the Exclusive Hotels' own The Spa, as well as Omorovicza, Jessica, Mii, Natural Spa Factory products in a range of face and body therapies.
- What is near South Lodge?
- South Lodge is set in the South Downs in Sussex, which makes for an exceptional location to head out exploring the natural landscape on foot or bicycle. Other popular local attractions offer a range of experiences for guests, including trips to Petworth House, Wakehurst Place and Brighton Pavilion or a tour of Ridgeview Wine Estate.
- When was South Lodge built?
- South Lodge opened as a hotel in 1984. However, the original building dates back to 1883 when it was it was built by Frederick Du Cane Godman, who had inherited a fortune through the family connection to the Whitbread and Co. Brewing Company. Having had various owners since then, in 1985 the house was sold and turned into a hotel by Exclusive Hotels Group. Since then it has continued to evolve to become the luxury destination it is today.
- What amenities does South Lodge have?
- A five star hotel and spa surrounded by 93 acres of grounds, South Lodge is a luxury retreat with 85 rooms and suites to choose from ranging from Smart Rooms to Hot Tub Suites. There are three restaurants on site, including Ben Wilkinson in The Pass (known for its chef's table concept); Camellia, which has three AA rosettes and uses ingredients from the kitchen garden; and Botanica, which is located in the spa and served a largely plant based, Mediterranean-inspired, healthy menu. The spa at South Lodge is an eco-friendly, 44,000 sq. ft. Experience with a range of indoor and outdoor facilities including a state-of-the-art gym and spin studio, an indoor pool, outdoor hydrotherapy pool and swim pond and a thermal suite. There’s also the Ridgeview Beauty Bar, teaming up with award-winning English sparkling wine producers from the South Downs, Ridgeview and an on-site barbers. There are 14 treatment rooms including one dual suite, where therapists use the Exclusive Hotels' own The Spa products in a range of face and body therapies. The hotel and spa's accessible facilities include: - Public areas are accessible for wheelchair users, with the exception of The Cellar. - A fridge can be requested for storing medications in bedrooms. - Several rooms and suites are accessible for wheelchair users. - Accessible rooms have emergency pull cords, handrails, accessible showers and low level basins.
- What are the food and drink options at South Lodge?
- There are three restaurants at South Lodge, including Ben Wilkinson in The Pass (known for its chef's table concept); Camellia, which has three AA rosettes and uses ingredients from the kitchen garden; and Botanica, which is located in the spa and served a largely plant based, Mediterranean-inspired, healthy menu.
- How many treatment rooms are there at South Lodge?
- South Lodge has 14 treatment rooms including one dual suite. Therapists use the brand's own product line as well as Omorovicza, Jessica, Mii, Natural Spa Factory in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at South Lodge is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, the standard opening hours are 6am to 10pm. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.