The House Of Kalmar
Located on a tranquil cobbled mews in the heart of Belgravia in London, the House of Kalmar is a chic treatment experience where you're enveloped in a cocoon of custom pink and purposefully formulated scents. There are no spa facilities here, this is all about the spa treatments - unique, customised experiences developed by spiritual healer Karen Ruimy. The treatments are based around four 'soulstates' - Joy, Calm, Peace and Love, each with their own scent, products, and gemstone association. The focus is on feeling blissfully cared for by the end of a 60- or 90-minute therapy. It's the perfect treat for yourself or gift for a loved one.
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Why people visit here
Day spaThere are no spa facilities or wet facilities at House of Kalmar; this is a luxury space that's all about the treatments and wellness rituals. However there is a shower in the treatment room and a changing area.
LocationThe tranquil mews location on a quiet street in Belgravia offers an exclusive location whilst placing you in the heart of one of the most exclusive London postcodes.
Local attractionsHouse of Kalmar is a short walk from Sloane Square as well as Victoria Underground stations, making it easy to reach popular attractions including the King's Road, The Royal Court Theatre, and the Saatchi Gallery.
Specialised treatmentsHouse of Kalmar is unique for its treatments, which form the basis of your luxurious treatment experience. Custom designed with unique scents, products and rituals, you won't find them anywhere else.
The House Of Kalmar frequently asked questions
- Who owns The House of Kalmar?
- The House of Kalmar is owned by founder and spiritual healer Karen Ruimy in collaboration with award-winning energy healer Sinéad de HÓra. Everything from the products to the treatments and the interiors has been specifically designed with their philosophy and the brand in mind.
- How do you get to The House of Kalmar?
- The House of Kalmar is located on a tranquil cobbled mews just off Eaton Square in the heart of Belgravia in London. It is a 10 minute walk from Victoria Station or an eight minute walk from Sloane Square Underground Station. There is no parking at the spa, although there are paid public car parks close by including Victoria Car Park on Eccleston Place and an NCP car park on Cadogan Place.
- What is included in a spa day at The House of Kalmar?
- The House of Kalmar is all about the treatments, so there are no facilities, just pampering. Uniquely, the treatments are built on four 'soulstates' - Joy, Calm, Peace and Love. They offer full body treatments that are either 60- or 90-minutes long including a consultation to determine what you would most benefit from. There is a shower in the treatment room and a changing area.
- What is near The House of Kalmar?
- The House of Kalmar is in a fantastic location for exploring London. It's easy to get to on public transport, and you can hop in a taxi or on the London Underground to reach any of London's myriad attractions. In particular however, those that are close include the shopping, cafes and restaurants of the King's Road, or a trip to The Royal Court Theatre, and the Saatchi Gallery or the Victoria & Albert Museum.
- When was The House of Kalmar built?
- The House of Kalmar is in a pretty mews property in Belgravia, identifiable by their signature pink bench outside. These properties were built in the 18th and 19th century, originally intended to stable horses, with accommodation above for servants. Today, they are amongst the chicest properties in London, offering a fantastic central location but with a protected sense of tranquillity. The spa itself was founded by Karen Ruimy in 2016.
- What amenities does The House of Kalmar have?
- A boutique London day spa experience, The House of Kalmar is all about a unique treatment. As a result, there is no gym and no wet facilities. They have a dedicated and expansive treatment room with a private changing area complete with a shower. The treatment room has a couch where you have your consultation and decide which of their four soul states best suits you and will determine your 60- or 90-minute treatment.
- What are the food and drink options at The House of Kalmar?
- They do not serve food at House of Kalmar as the emphasis is purely on your treatment. However, you will be served a restorative tea, and of course water and herbal teas are available throughout your visit.
- How many treatment rooms are there at The House of Kalmar?
- The House of Kalmar is a truly exclusive experience, perfect as a gift for yourself or someone else. There is one treatment room, which dominates the first floor of the property. It includes the treatment area, a seating area where you have your consultation, and a private shower and changing area.
- What time is check in/check out?
- The House of Kalmar is an exclusive treatment experience, where you will be allocated your arrival time in the morning or afternoon, as well as a set number of hours for your therapy and consultation.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.