The Parkgate Hotel
A luxury hotel in the heart of Cardiff, The Parkgate Hotel is part of the exclusive Celtic Collection, which also owns the Celtic Manor resort. It's exceptionally elegant and, with a sense of style that’s almost art deco inspired. Dining is glamorous - perfect for romantic escapes and special occasions. The hotel is complete with an adult-only spa that's the height of modern luxury. An exclusive wellness destination, it features a fitness room, an impressive thermal suite with views of the city skyline, a Herbal Steam Temple for two and a menu of Elemis therapies.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Dual Treatment
- Steam Room
- Heated Loungers
- Hydrotherapy Pool
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Thermal Suite (Monday - Friday)
Thermal Suite (Saturday - Sunday)
Additional treatment - 50 minute Signature treatment (Monday - Friday)
Additional treatment - 50 minute Signature treatment (Saturday - Sunday)
Bottle of Champagne
Bottle of Prosecco
Why people visit here
Hotel SpaThe height of modern luxury, The Parkgate Hotel is a decadent hospitality and wellbeing experience - the best of city spa breaks.
RomanticThe style and sophistication of the hotel makes it perfect for romantic breaks, especially with the dual treatment rooms and elaborate Herbal Steam Temple designed for up to two people.
LocationThe luxury hotel is in the heart of Cardiff, within touching distance of Principality Stadium and with views of the city skyline from the comfort of the spa.
Adult only spaThe spa area at the hotel is only available to adults aged 16 years and over.
The Parkgate Hotel frequently asked questions
- Who owns The Parkgate Hotel?
- The Parkgate Hotel is a really unique hotel, a collaboration between the Welsh Rugby Union, property developer Rightacres, and The Celtic Collection, which also owns the impressive Celtic Manor Resort.
- How do you get to The Parkgate Hotel?
- The Parkgate Hotel is in Cardiff city centre, just seven minutes from Cardiff Central train station. There are also several bus stops close by. The hotel is easy to get to via the M4. The T9 bus service offers a direct link from Cardiff Airport to Cardiff City Centre and the bus stop is located directly outside the airport terminal.
- What is included in a The Parkgate Hotel spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at The Parkgate Hotel depends on the experience that you book. The spa is complete with a range of facilities including a hydrotherapy infinity pool, heated volcanic zones and massaging water showers. There’s also a sauna and steam room as well as a calming relaxation zone. There's a Herbal Steam Temple for rasul treatments, and a collection of therapies from Elemis.
- What is near The Parkgate Hotel?
- The Parkgate Hotel is in the heart of Cardiff, placing it within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions including Cardiff Castle, Principality Stadium, Cardiff Bay, the National Museum Cardiff, Wales Millennium Centre and more.
- When was The Parkgate Hotel built?
- The Parkgate Hotel is formed of two historic buildings - the former Head Post Office for Cardiff and the city’s old County Court on Westgate Street. The post office was first completed in 1897, while the County Court was constructed in 1904. Both were designated with a Grade II listing in 1975, and then acquired by the Welsh Rugby Union in 1998. The hotel opened in 2021.
- What amenities does The Parkgate Hotel have?
- The Parkgate Hotel is a luxury hotel with art deco inspired rooms and suites. The Sorting Room is its brasserie, bar and lounge. There's also an outdoor courtyard for all-day dining and drinks. The hotel spa has a hydrotherapy infinity pool, heated volcanic zones and massaging water showers. There’s also a sauna and steam room as well as a calming relaxation zone. There's a Herbal Steam Temple for rasul treatments, and a collection of therapies from Elemis. The hotel welcomes all guests and includes a wheelchair-accessible path to the lift, wheelchair-accessible registration desk, business centre, restaurant, lounge, entrance and there's a step-free path to the entrance.
- What are the food and drink options at The Parkgate Hotel?
- There's one central restaurant at The Parkgate Hotel, The Sorting Room, which is a British-inspired brasserie complete with a bar and lounge area for champagne and cocktails, coffee and afternoon tea. There's also a VIP booth for up to six people that’s perfect for special occasions.
- How many treatment rooms are there at The Parkgate Hotel?
- The Parkgate Hotel has four spa treatment rooms as well as two treatment rooms, where therapists use the Elemis products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at The Parkgate Hotel is from 4pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.