You can literally eat, sleep and drink wine at this fine vintage hotel, as well as selecting the hotel’s very own vineyard signature spa treatments using red grapes too. Utterly romantic, the Vineyard Spa is a perfect extension of the hotel, with its circular-shaped swimming pool overlooking the grounds and double treatment rooms for couples. Afterwards, enjoy a glass of something special and a light bite poolside which doubles as the relaxation area.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Bottle of Prosecco
Room Upgrade to Atrium Suite
Room Upgrade to Luxury Suite
Petals On The Bed
Box of Chocolates
Why people visit here
Romantic WeekendBetween the food and the scenic location the hotel has all the makings of a seriously romantic mini-break.
Hotel Spa VenueThe Vineyard is all about the complete sensual experience – from treatments to taste buds.
Local AttractionsEasily accessible by train and road from London, the hotel is also within driving distance of Newbury Racecourse and Highclere Castle of Downton Abbey fame.
Family FriendlyChildren are welcome at the hotel and to use the pool and facilities, and have designated swimming times.
The Vineyard frequently asked questions
- Who owns The Vineyard?
- The Vineyard is part of the Relais & Chateaux collection and is owned by the Michael family, who also own Donnington Valley hotel as well as a vineyard in California.
- How do you get to The Vineyard?
- The Vineyard is located near Newbury in Berkshire. For those who are driving, the postcode is RG20 8JU and you access the hotel from the M4 motorway - there is plenty of free parking on site. Newbury Train Station is just a 10-minute taxi ride away. Newbury to Paddington on the train takes approximately 50 minutes. The hotel is 45 minutes away from London Heathrow Airport. There is also a helipad next door to the hotel if you are arriving by helicopter.
- What is included in a spa day at The Vineyard?
- What's included in a spa day at The Vineyard depends on the experience that you book. Facilities include a circular pool complete with water jets, steam room and a sauna. There are also four treatment rooms including a dual suite and therapists use Darphin, Elemental Herbology and their own bespoke Red Grape products in a collection of face and body treatments.
- What is near The Vineyard?
- The Vineyard is in Stockross in Berkshire and while it feels remote and tranquil, it's a great location for exploring the surrounding area. Top attractions include: - Newbury Racecourse - Highclere Castle - Renegade Brewery - Bombay Sapphire Distillery - Oxford - Winchester - Blenheim Palace
- When was The Vineyard built?
- The Vineyard hotel is formed around a main building that was originally an 18th-century hunting lodge owned by the Foley family. In 1969 it was converted into a restaurant and banqueting centre. In 1978 it was refurbished, and in 1996 it was purchased by Sir Peter Michael and in 1998 it relaunched as The Vineyard.
- What amenities does The Vineyard have?
- A five-star country hotel, The Vineyard has 49 rooms (all named after different wines). It is perhaps most famous for its AA Rosette awarded restaurant, which offers informal lunches and formal evening meals complete with a wine list from a cellar holding 30,000 bottles. Spa facilities include a circular pool complete with water jets, steam room and a sauna. There are also four treatment rooms including a dual suite and therapists use Darphin, Elemental Herbology and their own bespoke Red Grape products in a collection of face and body treatments. Accessible facilities include: - Rooms on the ground floor - No stairs to enter the hotel - Lifts in the hotel and into the spa - To get the pool, sauna, steam and changing rooms there are steps only
- What are the food and drink options at The Vineyard?
- The Vineyard is perhaps most famous for its AA Rosette awarded restaurant, which offers informal lunches and formal evening meals complete with a wine list from a cellar holding 30,000 bottles.
- How many treatment rooms are there at The Vineyard?
- The Vineyard has four treatment rooms including a dual suite and therapists use Darphin, Elemental Herbology and their own bespoke Red Grape products in a collection of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at The Vineyard is from 3pm and check-out is at 11.00am. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.