With so many world-class facilities to indulge in at Celtic Manor, you’ll struggle to fit everything into one day, making it the ideal weekend getaway, especially for a special occasion. Alongside its three golf courses and choice of restaurants, the spa is sizeable so make sure you take the time to enjoy all that’s on offer. The herbal steam chamber is a must, as are the treatments of which there are many to choose from, all of the highest luxury standard.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
- Plunge Pool
Enhance your experience
Add up to 6 upgrades to your selected offer during checkout
Spacious Signature Collection rooms are designed for adults only and have been recently refurbished to the highest standard with a calming, light and modern feel. Each features a 6ft king-size double bed, sitting area, marble bathroom with a large vanity unit, bath and a separate shower with a host of Elemis amenities and balcony with stunning views. Following an evening of sumptuous dining in one of our restaurants and a restful night’s sleep, guests will be served breakfast in the exclusive surroundings of our sixth floor restaurant, overlooking beautiful Welsh woodlands. You will receive: guaranteed check-in from 3pm, access to Signature Lounge and complimentary bottle of wine and Welsh cakes on arrival.
Bottle of Favola Prosecco
Jacquart Brut Mosaique
Why people visit here
Golf ResortHaving hosted the Ryder Cup in 2010, the three golf courses at Celtic Manor are amongst the favourites of devotees.
Hen FriendlyWith so many activities on offer, Celtic Manor is an ideal treat for hen parties.
Convenient LocationSurrounded by 1400 acres of park land and the Usk Valley it is hard to believe that the hotel is just a short distance off the M4 and 45 minutes from Cardiff.
Hotel Spa VenueThe hotel has an elaborate range of accommodation and facilities.
Celtic Manor frequently asked questions
- Who owns Celtic Manor?
- Celtic Manor is owned by Sir Terry Matthews, a Welsh-Canadian business magnate and serial entrepreneur, who bought the resort in 1980.
- How do you get to Celtic Manor?
- Celtic Manor is in Newport, South East Wales, set within the picturesque Usk Valley. It's just off the M4, a 90-minute drive from London Heathrow as well as 45-minutes from Cardiff Airport and Bristol Airport. The nearest train station is Newport, which has direct trains from Cardiff, London Paddington, and Birmingham.
- What is included in a Celtic Manor spa day?
- Celtic Manor has a vast array of facilities that can be enjoyed on a spa day, as well as a collection of spa treatments from Elemis including a unique Elemis Herbal Steam in a chamber. The spa facilities in the Forum Spa include a 20-metre pool overlooking the Rooftop Garden, a gym, enormous Jacuzzi, saunas, steam rooms and multiple plunge pools.
- What is near Celtic Manor?
- The resort is surrounded by 1400 acres of parkland and has three golf courses on site, but is also just a short distance from Cardiff for days out. Local attractions include the Brecon Beacons National Park, the Millennium Stadium, Newport Westlands and the Roman towns of Caerwent and Caerleon.
- When was Celtic Manor built?
- Originally known as Coldra House, the main building at Celtic Manor (now the Manor House) dates to the early 1860. The current hotel however opened in 1982.
- What amenities does Celtic Manor have?
- Across the entire resort, Celtic Manor has a vast array of amenities including three golf courses, two spas, meeting and event rooms, a golf academy, multiple swimming pools, tennis courts, fishing, shooting, forest jump ropes, adventure golf, laser combat and seven restaurants and bars.
- What are the food and drink options at Celtic Manor?
- There are seven restaurants and bars to choose from at Celtic Manor including The Olive Tree & Garden Room, Steak On Six, The Grill, Rafters Restaurant, The Rib, Smokehouse & Grill, PAD, Newbridge On Usk, Dulse, Sawyers Bar & Grill, Court Bar At, Coldra Court Hotel, Forum Cafe, Merlins Bar, Mulberry Bar and Cellar Bar.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Celtic Manor?
- There are two spas at Celtic Manor, the Forum Spa and the Ocius Spa. In total there are 16 treatment rooms.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check in at Celtic Manor hotel is 4.00pm and check out is 11.00am, but they welcome your arrival before then to use the facilities.
- How much did Celtic Manor cost?
- In 2012 Sir Terry Matthews revealed plans for a £160m expansion at Celtic Manor.
- Does Celtic Manor have a dress code?
- The dress code at Celtic Manor depends on which part of the vast resort you're spending time in. The golf course and facilities require full length trousers or tailored shorts with sports socks for men, and golf skirts or mid-length trousers and sleeveless shirts for women, all with golf shoes must be worn. In restaurants guests are asked to wear smart casual clothing.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.