A fairytale castle, this hotel has everything you could possibly want for a romantic getaway with your loved one. From owl encounters to archery and walks in the stunning estate grounds, you’ll not want to leave your surroundings, especially once you discover the sanctuary of the Aqueous Spa. Here, you can enjoy Scotland’s first hydro spa, complete with Turkish steam bath and hydro pool before you give in to the ultimate relaxation with one of the spa’s beautiful bespoke therapeutic and beauty treatments.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Steam Room
- Hydrotherapy Pool
- Relax Room
- Experience Showers
See alternative spas nearby
We currently have no available experiences to book with this spa. To find your next spa escape, browse alternative spas nearby in
Why people visit here
Leisure Break VenueA venue offering good leisure facilities, such as swimming pool, steam room, sauna and treatment rooms, but not a specialised spa location
Local AttractionsFor Da Vinci Code fans you can go and see Rosslyn Chapel as featured in the film. Edinburgh is 20 minutes away. There is plenty to see and do in that magnificent city.
Romantic WeekendThis resort is perfect for those looking for a romantic getaway
Scenic LocationPicturesque landscape and well located for those looking to go walking or cycling
Dalhousie Castle frequently asked questions
- Who owns Dalhousie Castle?
- Dalhousie Castle is a three-star hotel near Edinburgh, owned by Von Essen Hotels who bought it in 2003 and converted the 13th-century castle into a hotel.
- How do you get to Dalhousie Castle?
- Dalhousie Castle is just eight miles from the centre of Edinburgh and can be accessed by train or car. For those who are driving there is plenty of free of charge parking on site. The nearest train station, Newtongrange Station, is just 1.7 miles from the castle, with trains running to city centre (Edinburgh Waverley Station) every 30 minutes, with a 22-minute journey time. The nearest airport is Edinburgh Airport, which is 16 miles away. Buses run from Edinburgh city centre to Edinburgh Airport every 10 minutes from the Waverley Bridge bus stop, with a 30-minute journey time. Trams run every 10 minutes to Edinburgh Airport from St Andrews Square in Edinburgh city centre. The tram stop is located opposite Edinburgh Waverley train station via the Waverley Steps exit. The journey time is approximately 35 minutes.
- What is included in a spa day at Dalhousie Castle?
- What's included in a spa day at Dalhousie Castle depends on the experience that you book. Facilities include a hydro pool, a Turkish style steam bath, a Roman style sauna, Kneipp hoses and foot baths, a tropical rain and cold fog shower, a Tepidarium conservatory and a hair salon. There are three treatment rooms and therapists use [COMFORT ZONE] products in a range of face and body therapies.
- What is near Dalhousie Castle?
- The surrounding landscape at Dalhousie Castle is perfect for exploring on foot or bicycle, while Edinburgh is just a short distance away. Top attractions include: - Rosslyn Chapel (featured in the Da Vinci Code) - Edinburgh Castle - Royal Yacht Britannia - Arthur's Seat - The Real Mary King's Close - Glenkinchie Distillery - Royal Botanic Garden - National Museum of Scotland
- When was Dalhousie Castle built?
- Dalhousie was built in the 13th-century, although only the thick foundation walls and vaults remain of the original building. The main parts of the majestic residence you see today were built around 1450, using red stone quarried from just across the South Esk River. It was then transformed into a luxurious hotel in 1972.
- What amenities does Dalhousie Castle have?
- A three-star hotel in a 13th-century castle, Dalhousie Castle has 36 rooms and suites to choose from including three family suites and seven rooms secluded in the 100 year old Lodge. There are two restaurants at the hotel - the Dungeon Restaurant, which is flanked by the 'Secret Bar', or The Orangery for lighter meals. Spa facilities include a hydro pool, a Turkish style steam bath, a Roman style sauna, Kneipp hoses and foot baths, a tropical rain and cold fog shower, a Tepidarium conservatory and a hair salon. There are three treatment rooms and therapists use [COMFORT ZONE] products in a range of face and body therapies. Dalhousie Castle does not have an accessible room or easy wheelchair access due to the history of the property, however there are ground floor rooms available.
- What are the food and drink options at Dalhousie Castle?
- There are two restaurants at the hotel - the Dungeon Restaurant, which is flanked by the 'Secret Bar', or The Orangery for lighter meals.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Dalhousie Castle?
- Dalhousie Castle has three treatment rooms including a dual suite. Therapists use [COMFORT ZONE] products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Dalhousie Castle is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.