Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa
Soothed by the sounds of the sea on the beautiful Cornish coast, this hotel has a laid back beachy vibe that is carried through to its spa. Here, you’ll find a pocket of serenity thanks to lovely interiors and a focus on making sure you get a complete holistic experience. Start your journey with a float in the beautiful pool featuring underwater music, before relaxing in the steam room and spa bath. The treatment menu is extensive and includes gorgeous organic GAIA rituals, including an ocean ritual and crystal therapy.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
- Dual Treatment
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Bottle of Champagne
Bottle of Prosecco
Champagne and Macarons
Cocktail Making Workshop
Why people visit here
Hotel SpaA contemporary, adult only hotel and spa, Fistral Beach is understated but stylish, sitting on a clifftop and offering relaxation with some of the best coastal views you will find.
Beach LocationAs the name of the hotel might suggest, you couldn’t get much closer to the beach if you tried. The hotel sits at the top of the cliff - go for a short walk and you will find opportunities to swim, surf or simply stroll on the sand.
Local attractionsOn the beach by the hotel you will find the Quiksilver Surf School Newquay, for those wanting to take advantage of those famous waves.
Scenic LocationThe hotel enjoys panoramic views of the rugged Fistral Beach at every turn - it’s definitely worth upgrading to a room with a view where you can take full advantage of a cup of tea in bed.
Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa frequently asked questions
- Who owns Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa?
- Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa is owned by Philema Hospitality Management, a family-owned, South West hospitality company whose holdings include the Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, The Esplanade Hotel in Newquay, and Boringdon Hall Hotel & Gaia Spa.
- How do you get to Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa?
- Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa is on the outskirts of Newquay on a clifftop above the beach. Located on Esplanade Road, the Sat Nav is accurate for finding your destination. Travelling south, those who are driving take the A39 exit off the A30 towards Newquay. Then transition to the A392 and then onto Pentire Road before taking the second right into Esplanade Road. The nearest train station is in Newquay, which is a seven minute taxi ride away.
- What is included in a Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa?
- What's included in a spa day at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa depends on the experience that you book. It is complete with a range of facilities including a swimming pool with underwater music and massage cannons, a steam room and a spa bath as well as a fitness suite. There are also treatments using GAIA Skincare, Mii Cosmetics and Jessica Nails products in a range of face and body therapies.
- What is near Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa?
- Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa is well located for exploring the popular seaside town of Newquay. Right below the beach is the eponymous Fistral Beach where you will find surfing lessons. You can also head to Newquay Zoo, Lappa Valley Steam Railway, Newquay Land Train or the Blue Reef Aquarium.
- When was Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa built?
- Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa was built in 1897 and opened in June 1900 in a prominent position overlooking Fistral Beach.
- What amenities does Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa have?
- Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa is an adult-only hotel on the coast, with impressive views of the sea. The hotel has 71 rooms and suites, all decorated in modern style. The on-site restaurant has an AA Rosette and is known for its seafood in particular. There's also a bar area. The hotel also hosts its own Quiksilver Surf School. The spa at Fistral Beach is spread over two floors, complete with a swimming pool with underwater music and massage cannons, a steam room and a spa bath as well as a fitness suite. There's a Little Fistral Spa, which focuses on those finishing touches including hair, make-up and nails using Jessica Nails for manicures and pedicures and Mii Cosmetics, as well as treatment rooms offering face and body treatments using GAIA Skincare. Accessible facilities at the hotel include assistance with luggage, equipment or guidance, a lift to all floors for bedrooms, induction loops available at reception, Emergency Alarm pull cords in the toilets, vertical rails either side of basins and toilets, lever taps on sinks, menus are available in large print, a disabled parking bay, rails to assist into the pool, and all front house staff have regular training which includes disability awareness training. However, there are no dedicated disabled rooms at the Fistral Beach Hotel.
- What are the food and drink options at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa?
- Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa is home to the award-winning Dune Restaurant, which is particularly well known for its seafood. There is also the Bay Bar for drinks including cocktails, tapas and light bites throughout the day.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa?
- Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa has eight treatment rooms including one dual suite. Therapists use GAIA Skincare, Mii Cosmetics and Jessica Nails products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11.30 am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.