St Michaels Resort
Effortlessly stylish, this ultra contemporary hotel with its fantastic spa likes to bring the outside in. You’ll need all day in the spa to make the most of its facilities; from its Cornish sea salt steam room to a large hydrotherapy pool, relaxation in true luxury is on hand. There’s a large treatment menu to choose from including signature spa treatments, as well as a deep relaxation room for afterwards, unless that is, you want to end your day in the barrel sauna overlooking the sea.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Experience Showers
- Heated Loungers
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Room Upgrade - Classic King with View
Room Upgrade - Classic King with Sundeck
Room Upgrade - Luxury King
Room Upgrade - Luxury King with Sundeck
Why people visit here
Local AttractionsA seaside location in Cornwall with beautiful views and an abundance of beaches and villages to visit, guests to the hotel can also wonder at the likes of The Eden Project, Charlestown Harbour, the Lost Gardens of Heligan, and Newquay for beaches, castles and nightlife.
Scenic LocationThe hotel enjoys views of the Cornish coastline and is close to a number of beaches. After all, Cornwall is blessed with a wealth of beaches that provide beautiful walks all year round.
Family FriendlyThe hotel welcomes all guests with its laid back atmosphere and idyllic location. Making family entertainment easier, while there is a swimming pool for adults, there is also a separate one for toddlers, and leisure facilities sit separately to the spa for everyone’s mutual enjoyment.
Hotel SpaThe spa and leisure facilities at St Michaels Resort leave you wanting for nothing. Carefully considered details such as a Cornish sea salt sauna make it a unique experience, while extensive leisure facilities sit separately in the health club.
St Michaels Resort frequently asked questions
- Who owns St Michaels Resort?
- A luxury beachfront hotel in Cornwall, St Michaels Resort is an independent hotel owned and run by Nigel Carpenter and James Houlston.
- How do you get to St Michaels Resort?
- In a magnificent location on the Cornish coast, St Michaels resort sits on Gyllyngvase Beach in the cultural town of Falmouth in Cornwall. Guests can travel by road, rail or air. If you're driving, use the postcode TR11 4NB in the sat nav - from London, the quickest route is via the M5, M4 and A30, however you can also take the more scenic A303 past Stonehenge. If you are travelling from further north, the quickest routes are via the M1, M5 and the A30. The hotel has a private car park which is free of charge for residents in which they have 60 unreserved parking spaces. The nearest train station is Falmouth Town Railway, which is a 10-minute walk from the hotel. Flights to Newquay Airport from London Heathrow operate daily and take about an hour. Newquay Airport is approximately 25 miles and a 50-minute drive from Falmouth. You can travel from the airport to the hotel by bus, taxi, or hire car and the hotel can make recommendations for each.
- What is included in a spa day at St Michaels Resort?
- What's included in a spa day at St Michaels Resort depends on the experience that you book. The indoor facilities include a gym, spin/rowing studios, a hydrotherapy pool, heated poolside loungers, a steam room, Finnish herbal sauna, a rhassoul, experience showers and a manicure and pedicure Champagne bar. Spa garden facilities include a sundeck, hot tub and a barrel sauna. There are 10 treatment rooms and therapists use Elemis, Made for Life Organics, The Natural Spa Factory, Ishga and Natura Bisse products in a range of face and body therapies.
- What is near St Michaels Resort?
- St Michaels Resort is in a fantastic location by the beach in Falmouth. Head out for walks along the coast path, a day on the sand, exploring local shops and cafes, or visit top attractions including The Eden Project, Charlestown Harbour, the Lost Gardens of Heligan.
- When was St Michaels Resort built?
- The hotel was originally built in the 1920s as a private residence, but it became a hotel in 1940 before contributing to the war effort. The four-star hotel relaunched after a major refurbishment in 2018.
- What amenities does St Michaels Resort have?
- A four-star hotel with fantastic views of the coast, St Michaels Resort is surrounded by subtropical gardens and has 92 rooms and suites to choose from. The award-winning hotel restaurant, Brasserie on the Bay serves the best of local ingredients and has an excellent reputation. There is also The Garden Kitchen for less formal meals, and the resort bar. The spa is extensive. Indoor facilities include a gym, spin/rowing studios, a hydrotherapy pool, heated poolside loungers, a steam room, Finnish herbal sauna, a rhassoul, experience showers and a manicure and pedicure Champagne bar. Spa garden facilities include a sundeck, hot tub and a barrel sauna. There are 10 treatment rooms and therapists use Elemis, Made for Life Organics, The Natural Spa Factory, Ishga and Natura Bisse products in a range of face and body therapies. The hotel and spa's accessible facilities include: - Disabled car parking spaces - Accessible toilets on the ground floor - Lift access to rooms - Access to the health club pool and the disabled changing area is through the reception - Level access to the gym - The spa can be entered from the garden entrance but it does not meet DDA/building control regulations - All treatment rooms are wheelchair accessible - All restaurants are easily accessible without steps or gradients
- What are the food and drink options at St Michaels Resort?
- The award-winning hotel restaurant, Brasserie on the Bay serves the best of local ingredients and has an excellent reputation. There is also The Garden Kitchen for less formal meals, and the resort bar.
- How many treatment rooms are there at St Michaels Resort?
- St Michaels Resort has 10 treatment rooms including one dual suite. Therapists use Elemis, Made for Life Organics, The Natural Spa Factory, Ishga and Natura Bisse products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at St Michaels Resort is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, the standard opening hours are Monday to Friday 10.30am to 12.00 midday and 15.00 to 16.00, and Saturday and Sunday 9.00am to 12 midday and 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.