Five Lakes Resort
How does visiting a resort with friends featuring a spa relaxation room with four-poster beds sound? If that doesn’t catch your attention, how about a manicure room for seven and 12 spa treatment rooms? All of this, plus a gorgeous treatment menu, swimming pool and tennis courts make this a fantastic option for a special occasion with your besties. Combine a lovely spa with light, airy bedrooms, a tapas bar and relaxed brasserie and you have a weekend to remember.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
Why people visit here
Pre-NatalThe spa offers treatments and packages tailored for mums-to-be.
Leisure Break VenueThe resort has a range of leisure facilities and treatments, but is not a specialised spa location. Facilities include: pool, sauna, steam room and whirlpool.
GroupsThe resort is a great destination for groups, particularly with a manicure/pedicure room catering for up to seven people at a time.
GolfThere are two 18-hole golf courses in the grounds of the resort.
Five Lakes Resort frequently asked questions
- Who owns Five Lakes Resort?
- Five Lakes Resort is part of Potters Resorts, owned by John Potter who is also the company Managing Director.
- How do you get to Five Lakes Resort?
- Five Lakes Resort is surrounded by 320 acres of Essex countryside, between Maldon and Colchester, next to the village of Tolleshunt Knights. It's just a 20 minute drive from Colchester, and there's plenty of parking on site. There are two stations close by - one at Maldon (20-minutes by taxi) and one at Kelvedon (18-minutes by taxi).
- What is included in a spa day at Five Lakes Resort?
- What's included in a spa day at Five Lakes Resort depends on the experience that you book. Facilities include eight tennis courts as well as badminton, squash, table tennis and a gym. The spa area has a pool, sauna and steam room, and a manicure and pedicure room catering for up to seven people. There is also a relaxation room, 12 treatment rooms and therapists use Elemis products in a range of face and body therapies.
- What is near Five Lakes Resort?
- While it's surrounded by 320 acres of grounds and gardens, with plenty of activities on site, Five Lakes Resort is also well located for exploring the surrounding area. It's close to Colchester, making it ideal for exploring the town, its history, shops and cafes. In addition, top attractions include: - Maldon Escape Rooms - Yacht charters - Essex wine school - Colchester Zoo - Tiptree Jam Museum and Tea Room
- When was Five Lakes Resort built?
- Five Lakes Resort began as the Manifold Golf Club which opened in 1974 comprising what is now the Links course with a clubhouse near to the road. The club was then sold and went through a number of iterations, eventually opening as a hotel and two separate clubs in 1995. After a period of time, the different entities merged and in April 2000 it became the property we know today.
- What amenities does Five Lakes Resort have?
- A vast, four-star resort, Five Lakes is a contemporary hotel with 194 rooms and suites. There are multiple restaurants at the hotel, including The Dining Room, all-day dining in The Terrace and bowl food in The Main Bar. Leisure facilities include eight tennis courts as well as badminton, squash, table tennis and a gym. The spa area has a pool, sauna and steam room, and a manicure and pedicure room catering for up to seven people. There is also a relaxation room, 12 treatment rooms and therapists use Elemis products in a range of face and body therapies. Accessible facilities include: - Three accessible bedrooms - Lift access
- What are the food and drink options at Five Lakes Resort?
- There are multiple restaurants at the hotel, including The Dining Room, all-day dining in The Terrace and bowl food in The Main Bar.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Five Lakes Resort?
- Five Lakes Resort has 12 treatment rooms. Therapists use Elemis products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Five Lakes Resort is from 3.00pm for rooms and check-out is at 11.00am. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.