On the banks of the River Cam, Graduate Cambridge is a welcoming hotel that fuses tradition with modern hospitality. Steps away from University of Cambridge colleges and steeped in history, the hotel references Cambridge's academic heritage at every corner. Beautifully styled throughout, it's perfect for a romantic escape or a getaway with one or two of your nearest and dearest. It includes a chic leisure experience with a swimming pool which runs along the River Cam but no spa treatments.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Steam Room
- Hot Tub
Why people visit here
Local AttractionsThe hotel is in a fantastic location for exploring Cambridge and all its historic sites, from a guided tour of the famous university to punting on the river.
Family FriendlyThe hotel welcomes families and has set children's swimming times in the pool each day from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Adult-only swimming times are from 06:30 am – 10:00 am and 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm.
RomanticThe hotel is full of interesting details and has been carefully designed from the rooms to the leisure club, bar and restaurant. Combined with its location, it's a wonderful place for a romantic weekend.
Leisure VenueGraduate Cambridge is a beautiful hotel in the heart of Cambridge, complete with elegant design and a contemporary leisure club. They do not offer spa treatments, but have a stylish pool, sauna, steam room and gym.
Graduate Cambridge frequently asked questions
- Who owns Graduate Cambridge?
- A boutique hotel located on the River Cam, Graduate Cambridge is part of the Graduate Hotels collection, which is owned by AJ Capital Partners. They have 33 properties in total, mostly across the UK and USA.
- How do you get to Graduate Cambridge?
- Graduate Cambridge is set in an idyllic location on the banks of the River Cam and surrounded by the college heritage of the famous University of Cambridge. However, it's also in the heart of the city itself, making it a fantastic base from which to explore. For those who are driving, there is overnight self-parking available for £21/night, or valet parking for a £5 supplement. There is no need to reserve a space. Transfers can be arranged from the airport or train station. The nearest train station is Cambridge Train Station (1.4 miles/8-minute drive/ 25-minute walk) and the nearest airport is London Stansted (28 miles/36-minute drive).
- What is included in a spa day at Graduate Cambridge?
- Graduate Cambridge is about the whole hotel experience - the relaxing rooms, the beautiful location and the modern wellbeing facilities. The Leisure Club has a gym featuring cardio and weight equipment, a swimming pool which runs along the River Cam, and an adjacent hot tub, sauna and steam room. However, there are no spa treatments available at the hotel.
- What is near Graduate Cambridge?
- Graduate Cambridge is in a fantastic location for exploring the historic city of Cambridge. Go on a guided tour of the University of Cambridge, enjoy punting on the river, or explore the city's many historic sites. For example, head to The Fitzwilliam Museum, King's College Chapel, Cambridge University Botanic Garden, The Corpus Clock or Great St Mary's, the University Church.
- When was Graduate Cambridge built?
- Set within the historic surroundings of the University of Cambridge, the original building that houses Graduate Cambridge was constructed in 1870. It has since undergone a number of extensions and interventions to become a contemporary hotel, and opened in spring 2021.
- What amenities does Graduate Cambridge have?
- A luxurious, modern, boutique hotel, Graduate Cambridge enjoys a prime location on the banks of the River Cam. It has 148 rooms and suites, and is brimming with historic and unique details. The Garden House is the hotel's much celebrated restaurant, open for all meals. It's accompanied by the riverside Garden Room for afternoon teas, and the Garden Bar for cocktails or a glass of wine. The Leisure Club at Graduate Cambridge is a tranquil and elegant space for working out and winding down. It includes a gym featuring cardio and weight equipment, a swimming pool which runs along the River Cam, and an adjacent hot tub, sauna and steam room. However, there are no spa treatments available at the hotel. Accessible facilities include: - They welcome all service animals - Guest communal lifts take you to each floor - One guest room with full wet room - Vibrating pillows available - Toilet seat at wheelchair height available - Lowered electrical sockets available - Grab bars available - Shower / bath chairs available - TVs with closed-captioning available - Illuminated fire alarm system
- What are the food and drink options at Graduate Cambridge?
- The Garden House is the hotel's much celebrated restaurant, open for all meals. It's accompanied by the riverside Garden Room for afternoon teas, and the Garden Bar for cocktails or a glass of wine.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Graduate Cambridge?
- Graduate Cambridge has no treatment rooms and no spa treatments - it's all about the spa facilities and the wider relation experience, which include a gym, a swimming pool which runs along the River Cam, and an adjacent hot tub, sauna and steam room.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Graduate Cambridge is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. It is recommended however that you check your specific spa booking times before arrival, and that you check for any changes to regular opening times, particularly relating to bank holidays, before you visit.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.