Coastal air and panoramic sea views make this splendid hotel and spa a haven of luxury and relaxation. With space to chill out, there’s an indoor pool and spa area overlooking the patio and gardens, as well as four treatment rooms, a nail bar and relaxation lounge. From expert facials to truly relaxing hot stone massage therapies, the spa menu has something for everyone, best enjoyed before some time out in the secret hot stone relaxation area.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Three Course Dinner
Bottle of Champagne
Room Upgrade to Deluxe Room
Room Upgrade to Junior Suite
Room Upgrade to Classic Seaview Room
Why people visit here
GolfThe hotel has its own nine-hole golf course running parallel with the Royal Military Canal.
Leisure VenueThe hotel offers a range of leisure facilities and treatments, but is not a specialised spa venue.
CorporateThe hotel offers meeting rooms and facilities that cater for up to 220 delegates.
Family FriendlyThere are five family rooms as well as 12 connecting rooms.
Hythe Imperial frequently asked questions
- Who owns Hythe Imperial?
- Hythe Imperial is currently owned by the GSE Group, who bought it in 2008. The group ownership follows an illustrious history having opened in 1880 and hosted the good and the great across the centuries.
- How do you get to Hythe Imperial?
- The Hythe Imperial is easy to get to by car. It's about 30 to 40 minutes from Canterbury by car and there is ample parking. From London and/or the M25, take the M20 towards Folkestone. The closest train station is Folkestone Central (high speed train to London), which is about four miles from the hotel and they are minutes from the Le Shuttle Channel Tunnel as well as 30 minutes from the Eurostar terminal in Ashford, with fast trains to London St Pancras (32 minutes).
- What is included in a Hythe Imperial spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Hythe Imperial depends on the experience that you book. However, the spa is complete with a range of facilities and treatments. There is a gym, fitness classes, a spa bath, sauna and steam room, as well as a pool and space to relax. There are also six treatment rooms where therapists use the Caudalie brand in face and body therapies.
- What is near Hythe Imperial?
- Hythe Imperial is well located for exploring the surrounding area. The hotel has its own nine-hole golf course, while nearby recommended attractions include a day on Hythe Beach, a trip to St. Leonard's Crypt, experience Hythe South Mirror or head to Saltwood Castle.
- When was Hythe Imperial built?
- Hythe Imperial was built in 1880, constructed by the South Eastern Railway and named the Seabrook Hotel. It was expanded upon in 1896 and was acquired by the Marston family in the 1940s by which time it had become the Hotel Imperial at Hythe. In the 1970S a leisure wing was added. In 1990 it was renamed The Hythe Imperial Hotel.
- What amenities does Hythe Imperial have?
- The hotel has ample grounds including its own nine-hole golf course, there are 92 bedrooms - each with their own style and ranging from intimate spaces to cottage-style suites and family rooms. The hotel has its own restaurant, as well as two bars - it is proudly the home of Moët & Chandon in Kent. The spa facilities include a gym, fitness classes, a spa bath, sauna and steam room, as well as a pool, space to relax and treatments from Caudalie in six treatment rooms. The hotel aims to be as accessible as possible in a historic building. Wheelchair users can access the reception area and ground floor via a ramp and they have a lift to other floors.
- What are the food and drink options at Hythe Imperial?
- The hotel's main restaurant is Coast - an award-winning fine dining experience serving modern British cuisine using locally sourced ingredients. The elegant Moët & Chandon Bar is a proud statement - it's the only one of its kind in Kent, is for those over the age of 18 only and enjoys breathtaking views of the seafront. The Martello Bar meanwhile is a sociable spot for team coffee, light lunches or afternoon tea.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Hythe Imperial?
- There are six treatment rooms in the spa at Hythe Imperial, where therapists offer treatments using the famous Caudalie product line, drawing on the luxurious healing powers of grapes.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Hythe Imperial is from 4pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.