King Street Gym & Spa
On one of the most important streets in Manchester, the eponymous King Street Townhouse is a romantic hotel located in a magnificent Grade II listed building. Exceptional design and luxurious interiors make it a very special experience, perfect for weekends away and special occasions. The brand new spa and gym are located in a separate building, and are a destination in their own right. Whether you're visiting as a day spa guest or staying in the hotel, this is no ordinary experience.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Experience Showers
- Relax Room
- Steam Room
- Ice Room / Fountain
Why people visit here
Best Known ForThis hotel's reputation precedes it, partially thanks to the prestigious building and location, but mostly because the experience really speaks for itself.
Most Loved ByDefinitely a romantic hotel that's ideal for couples, the relaxed nature of King Street Townhouse also makes it a wonderful place for a celebratory trip with a friend.
Wow-FactorThe style of the hotel and spa is exceptional, whether you're talking about the decor or the spa journey.
Exceptional Spa FeatureThe treatments are really spectacular at King Street Gym & Spa working with the wonderful ESPA and Perricone MD, as well as offering specialist treatments like Hydrafacials. There is also a salt inhalation room which is the only one in the North West.
King Street Gym & Spa frequently asked questions
- Who owns King Street Gym and Spa?
- King Street Gym and Spa sits within King Street Townhouse, which is owned by online beauty retailer The Hut Group, one of the UK's biggest tech companies. The group is owned by Matthew Moulding, who is founder, chief executive and chair.
- How do you get to King Street Gym and Spa?
- King Street Townhouse is located in the centre of Manchester on King Street itself. The street is a famous and iconic destination in its own right - one of the most historic and best for shopping. You can travel by train, arriving at either Piccadilly or Victoria stations, both of which are close by. The Metrolink tram operates throughout the day - the nearest stations are Deansgate-Castlefield and St Peter’s Square. The Metroshuttle is a free bus service throughout Manchester City Centre, and is the easiest way to travel from Piccadilly to King Street. Also, for those driving, King Street is located just off Deansgate, Manchester’s main thoroughfare for road traffic, with NCP car parks on Water Street and another on Bridge Street.
- What is included in a King Street Gym and Spa?
- What's included in a spa day at King Street Gym and Spa depends on the experience that you book. Facilities include a gym with a cardio zone, functional zone, strength zone and free weights zone. There's a sauna, steam room, ice fountain, salt inhalation cave, relaxation areas and experience showers, and spa treatments from Perricone MD, ESPA and Hydrafacial. The spa is an experience in its own right, and day spa guests can arrive straight to the door without having to go through the hotel. However, hotel guests have additional exclusive access to some facilities such as the outdoor infinity pool.
- What is near King Street Gym and Spa?
- When you have a spa day or hotel stay on King Street you really are in the heart of Manchester with everything on your doorstep. It is fantastic for restaurants and shopping, as well as local attractions such as art galleries. The wider city is also a feast of experiences with top recommended activities including a trip to the Manchester Art Gallery, the Science and Industry Museum, or the Etihad Stadium. Have a night out at Warehouse Project, dine in a canal-side restaurant, have coffee in the Northern Quarter, and explore the city's many independent record stores.
- When was King Street Gym and Spa built?
- On one of the most important streets in Manchester, the eponymous King Street Townhouse is located in a magnificent Grade II listed building, dating back to 1872. It underwent extensive refurbishment in 2017, ensuring that every part of your stay is a luxury experience. The spa itself was added in 2022 with purpose-built facilities focused on bringing an elevated fitness and wellbeing experience to the city.
- What amenities does King Street Gym and Spa have?
- A five-star hotel at one of the most coveted postcodes in Manchester, King Street Townhouse is a Grade II listed building with 140 years of heritage. Offering five-star hospitality, stay in a range of elegant rooms and suites, dine in their beautiful restaurant - The Tavern, and head to the bar for vintage champagne or signature cocktails. The spa is a destination in its own right, with a separate entrance if you're a day spa guest so you don't have to go through the hotel. There's a sauna, steam room, ice fountain, salt inhalation cave, relaxation areas and experience showers, and spa treatments from Perricone MD, ESPA and Hydrafacial. Hotel guests have additional exclusive access to some facilities such as the outdoor infinity pool. The hotel's disabled access includes: - Lifts, ramps and small thresholds - Roll in showers - Bathrooms with 1.5m turning circles - Toilets with grab rails - Minimum door width is less than 90cm but greater than 75cm
- What are the food and drink options at King Street Gym and Spa?
- Dining at King Street Townhouse is a beautiful fine dining experience with a twist in The Tavern. They serve seasonal British classics using local ingredients where possible. The Bar is a separate space serving tea and coffee, vintage champagne or signature cocktails flawlessly.
- How many treatment rooms are there at King Street Gym and Spa?
- King Street Gym and Spa has four treatment rooms, where therapists use Perricone MD, ESPA and Hydrafacial products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at King Street Townhouse is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.