With its trademark urban chic style and ambience, Malmaison Manchester is situated in the heart of the city, making it ideal for shopping, nightlife and sightseeing. With a popular brasserie in house, there are reasons to stay in at this hotel, including the cosy and inviting spa facilities. With a gym and classes on tap, it’s great for a work out, but just as easy is relaxing, thanks to the extensive menu of treatments and a lovely relaxation area where unwinding is the order of the day.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Relax Room
- Dual Treatment
- Pet Friendly
Why people visit here
LocationA hop, skip and a jump from Piccadilly Station, the hotel is easily accessible in the heart of Manchester.
Hotel Spa VenueThe hotel offers a range of treatments and a gym, but no pool or wet facilities.
ShoppingBeing a buzzing metropolis, Manchester has a wealth of shops and hosts one of the UK’s largest inner city shopping centres.
Malmaison Manchester frequently asked questions
- Who owns Malmaison Manchester?
- Malmaison Manchester is part of the Malmaison chain, which has 16 UK properties and is owned by Frasers Property.
- How do you get to Malmaison Manchester?
- Malmaison Manchester is located in the heart of the city on Piccadilly, making it a great base from which you can explore. If you're driving, you can use the postcode M1 3AQ in your Sat Nav. There is no parking at the hotel, but Q Park on Piccadilly Place is a five-minute walk from the hotel (use postcode M1 3BS for sat nav). For those travelling by train, the hotel is easy to reach - head to Manchester Piccadilly, which is a three-minute walk away. If you're flying in, the nearest airport is Manchester Airport, from which you can get a taxi for around £18-25 via the taxi rank outside the terminal, or take the train to Manchester Piccadilly.
- What is included in a Malmaison Manchester?
- What's included in a spa day at Malmaison Manchester depends on the experience that you book. It a small but perfectly formed pampering experience, where facilities include a gym, a sauna and a relaxation room. Then it's all about the treatments, where therapists offer ESPA face and body therapies in four treatment rooms.
- What is near Malmaison Manchester?
- The city really is your oyster when you're staying at Malmaison Manchester, placing you in the perfect location for exploring. If you like music, there are plenty of gigs available, art exhibitions, historic sites, sporting events, shops and cafes. Top attractions include the Ethiad Stadium, the Science and Industry Museum, the People's History Museum, Manchester Art Gallery, the Manchester Arena and the Royal Exchange Theatre.
- When was Malmaison Manchester built?
- The building that houses Malmaison Manchester is a former warehouse, designed by Charles Heathcote and built in 1904. It became a hotel in 1998, four years after Scottish hotelier Ken McCulloch founded the Malmaison brand.
- What amenities does Malmaison Manchester have?
- A seductive, four-star hotel, Malmaison Manchester is fun and flirty, and has 167 rooms and suites. A romantic place to stay, it's home to the popular Chez Mal Brasserie as well as a bar area for cocktails and music late into the night. The spa is all about pampering, so facilities include a gym, a sauna and a relaxation room. Then it's all about the treatments, where therapists offer ESPA face and body therapies in four treatment rooms. The hotel is highly accessible, with the entrance on street level, lifts to all floors, wet rooms in the bathrooms, eight accessible bedrooms, and disabled toilets.
- What are the food and drink options at Malmaison Manchester?
- The Chez Mal Brasserie is Malmaison Manchester's restaurant, which is popular for featuring one of the city's only Josper Grills - an artisan indoor charcoal barbecue oven that flames and cooks steak. There is also a bar area for cocktails and music for you to enjoy late into the night.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Malmaison Manchester?
- Malmaison Manchester has four treatment rooms including two dual suites. Therapists use ESPA products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Malmaison Manchester is from 3pm, and check-out time is 12.00 midday. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.