Macdonald Linden Hall
On a spa break at Linden Hall’s Vital Health and Wellbeing Club, you can choose everything from a holistic healing therapy to a pampering treat aimed at making you look and feel glowing, such is the range of treatments on offer. Whilst the spa and health club are modern in design, they sit perfectly alongside the 18th century manor where all your creature comforts will be catered for.
Spa and hotel facilities
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Relax Room
Enhance your experience
Here are some upgrades you can add when selecting an offer above. More can be found during checkout.
Please note that all images are for illustration purposes only.
Glass of Prosecco
Room Upgrade to Deluxe Room
Room Upgrade to a Super Deluxe Room
Why people visit here
RestaurantDobson Restaurant has been awarded two AA Rosettes for its fine dining experience.
Scenic LocationLinden Hall is set in 450 acres of Northumberland countryside – providing the view from any given area of the hotel.
Hen FriendlyThe hotel is particularly suited to groups and hen parties.
Leisure Break VenueThe hotel has a range of leisure facilities and treatments, but is not a specialised spa.
Macdonald Linden Hall frequently asked questions
- Who owns Macdonald Linden Hall?
- Originally part of the Macdonald Hotel group, Linden Hall was sold in 2019 along with a number of other Macdonald Hotels.
- How do you get to Macdonald Linden Hall?
- It's easy to get to Macdonald Linden Hall, whether you're travelling by train or road. They are just one mile from Longhorsley village and 10.7 miles from Morpeth where you will find the nearest train station. For those travelling by air, Newcastle Airport is just over 23 miles away.
- What is included in a Macdonald Linden Hall spa day?
- What's included in a spa day at Macdonald Linden Hall depends on the experience that you book. It is complete with a range of facilities including a gym, 12-metre pool, sauna, steam room and treatments from Elemis.
- What is near Macdonald Linden Hall?
- Macdonald Linden Hall is well located for exploring Northumberland with popular attractions close by including Northumberland Country Zoo, Northside Surf School, Eshott Airfield, Brinkburn Priory, Sycamore Gap and Cragside House and Gardens - to name a few.
- When was Macdonald Linden Hall built?
- A Grade II listed hall, Linden Hall was built around 1806 by Newcastle banker Charles William Bigge, as an estate of almost 3,000 acres. The estate itself had been owned by the family of the Earl of Carlisle since the 12th century. The property was designed by Sir Charles Monck, an amateur architect with a keen interest in the Greek Revival style. It was sold to H M Ames in 1861, and remained home to the Liddell, Ames and Adamson families until 1963. The property was converted into a hotel in 1978.
- What amenities does Macdonald Linden Hall have?
- Macdonald Linden Hall is a four-star hotel and spa, set in 450 acres of Northumberland countryside. It has its own 18-hole golf course, 50 smart rooms and suites, a restaurant with two AA Rosettes and its own pub. There is an on-site spa at the hotel, complete with a gym, 12-metre pool, sauna, steam room and treatments from Elemis. The hotel also has one fully accessible room with wet room bathroom and wide doors. There are an additional two rooms with walk in showers. All three rooms are accessible via lift.
- What are the food and drink options at Macdonald Linden Hall?
- There are two dining options at Linden Hall Hotel. The Dobson Restaurant is located in the main manor house and has two AA Rosettes for its stylish menu. For more relaxed meals, the Linden Tree Pub has a proper village feel and convivial vibe. Meanwhile, cocktails are served in the Monck Cocktail Bar, whether you fancy pre-dinner drinks or a relaxing nightcap.
- How many treatment rooms are there at Macdonald Linden Hall?
- Macdonald Linden Hall has six spa treatment rooms including a dual treatment room, where therapists use the Elemis and Jessica products in a range of face and body treatments.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in at Macdonald Linden Hall is from 3pm, and check-out time is 11am. Guests staying overnight have access to the spa from 3pm on the day of arrival until 12 midday on the day of departure. If you're a day spa guest, please check the details of your booking or specific spa package before arrival.
More spas nearby
We found other spas nearby that you may be interested in.